| lvii: remeets |

Start from the beginning

A humorous chuckle escaped my lips as I read the title of the article.

EXCLUSIVE SCOOP: The New Year Serial Murders— Not six but a total of eight victims fell prey to this barbaric killer

A few minutes ago, our anonymous and reliable source, who is currently working closely with the case informed us that not six but eight victims had made to the list of the serial killer's killings.

Our source, who is very well associated with the case, revealed that the first two victims happened to be Ruhi Parekh, daughter of Share And Grow's CEO Mahesh Parekh and Princess Of Devgarh, Ryatasha Rathore.

Yes, this case had begun over eight years ago but due to the mishandling of the case, that detail remained hidden for a few years until the CBI caught a lead on those cases.

The parents of the victims had refused to go public with the information and the CBI had decided to keep things secret until the right time comes.

Things had been going south in this case until we heard the news of Vibha Prakash, daughter of late Kamal Prakash's death a few months back. Our source informed us that they have come up with very strong leads that would eventually help them solve the case. Hence, the time had finally come to go public with this information.

What's your take from the news? Why do you think the police had not functioned properly during Ruhi Parekh's death? What's more to come?

"What are you doing?" I looked up from my phone to see Vihaan looking at me curiously. Pranav had mirrored his expressions.

I switched my phone off and kept it over my lap. "I was reading the article that Something Shady wrote."

"Why are you reading it when you already know what's written in it?" Pranav raised an eyebrow at me, then started doing the wiggly trick with his eyebrows. I looked away from him, not wanting to give him any reason to doubt me.

I rubbed the screen of my phone on my lap. "It's just fun," I shrugged.

"You have lost your mind after pulling this extraordinary stunt," Pranav shook his head and got up to leave.

He left and the only people in the living area were I and Vihaan. Vihaan walked over to my side and plopped himself beside me. I leaned onto his side, letting him wrap his arm around me.

We stayed like that for a while, letting our silence communicate with each other. The whole case and chasing the killer had made me exhausted enough to forget that I had newly fallen in love.

Everything in our relationship was old but everything felt new. We were experiencing those jitters together. Now that we had our things sorted, a little part of me always pricked me about something. I couldn't pinpoint what but there was a hollowness that I felt I had inside of me whenever I thought of my relationship with him.

I don't feel, in a better choice of words, complete.

It's not physical or emotional intimacy. It's not about what I am hiding, it's just something that I myself hadn't figured out to put into words.

"What are you thinking? Your face has tightened," he murmured as he ran his fingers in circles over the side of my forehead. I leaned more into him as he held me tighter. The gentleness of his touch calmed me in many ways but a new doubt came up to my mind. What if things wouldn't go as planned? What if I will lose more than the last time? What if I lose this time?