Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One) | little things

ughh this is so bad- but i still hope you like it anyway. there's barely anything about the new frogwares game so i thought i'd be the first to do so. enjoy!!

────────────

"Sherlock, do you need anything? Water or something to eat?" You asked, peeping your head halfway through the door.

"No, thank you, dear."

****

"Sherlock, are you alright? You've been here for the last three hours and you haven't come out since."

"I'm fine, Y/n. You don't need to wait up for me to eat lunch."

****

"Sherlock-" You saw that the chair the detective usually sat on was empty, the book on the desk was closed, and his pens and quills and ink jars were kept in the corner. You walked in your boyfriend's office room and kept the sandwiches and tea on the desk, leaving immediately without invading his privacy any further.

20 minutes later, you felt someone hug you from the back and knowing who it was, you melted into the touch.

"I'm sorry I took so long, dear."

"It's fine! I know how busy you can get."

Sherlock took a seat next to you, placing his head on your lap. It was always these little things that mattered, these few minutes that you were able to spend time with your boyfriend before he leaves again to work and do other stuff.

"You know I'm leaving in two days right?" You hummed in response, twisting his hair in your finger. "I wanted to give you something before I leave."

"What is it?"

"It's in my room, I'll go get it." He left and came back after a few minutes, with a black box in his hands. He opened the box which was locked with a silver clasp. Inside there was a necklace, simple but elegant with a thin chain and a small design. "It's not much but it reminded me of you so I couldn't help but get it."

"Sherlock, I-"

"You don't need to say anything, the only thing you'll say is that you don't want it but I'll let you know that I can't give it back, or get a refund." He turned to clasp it around your neck. "This is a token of appreciation, you've made me realise that it's the little things that matter."