First night of Freedom

The room is all set.

It's all clean, well clean according to my standards at least. All my clothes are in the closet, shoes in the shoe rack, kitchen is filled with grocery and stuff.

The name plate is outside my door which says Dr. Mahi (M.D. Psychiatry) in Italics. There's only one thing left to do now. Where's it? My eyes scan the room and that's where it's placed on my bed. My life. The thing that's going to add stars to the beauty of my bedroom.

Posters.

My favourite band's posters.

One Direction's posters.

I decide to paste Harry's poster by the side of my dressing table and in front of my bed where I could see it anytime.

By the time I finish, the rest of their posters are pasted in different positions on my walls. My favourite picture of all five of them is on the wall behind my bed, just above my head. I stand on the door of my bedroom and gaze at the beauty that is my room. All of my family photographs are in the hall. I'll get copies of the other pictures that I have in my phone as well.

I had always wanted a place like this, which I can decorate according to my taste. It's perfect for me. And... It's all set to be mine for the next few years.

First night of freedom... I'd always wondered how that would feel. After coming here, in London, all I wanted to do was have fun, party, visit places and what not! What happened actually, was complete opposite.

Apparently, moving to a new place is not as easy as your online friends of different nationalities make it out to be. After almost 1 month, I'm settled in my apartment and my job and I will most probably make friends here pretty fast as well.

Anyway, I had planned how I would spend my first day of freedom.

I officially declared today as my First day of Freedom. Freedom from family, nosy relatives, gossipy neighbours, college and Some people who call themselves 'Friends'.
Although jumping up and down on the bed is probably not exactly what people of my age would do. But I have a right to do what I please after working my ass off for one month and spending the weekends working on the apartment to give it a homely appearance. It's difficult setting the whole place according to you when you've never been able to find your own socks every morning in your own closet your whole life.

I decide against breaking my new bed and jump off of it. Getting out and partying seems like a good idea at the moment.

But first, I take pictures of every room and send it to my brother in India and text him to show them to Mumma and Daddy. I don't know any place to hang out but I'll find one. I don't have friends because I wasn't very social at work in the last few days. 'Missing the whole family' thing was going on with me plus I was worried about my apartment. Now I'm fine and as ready as I will ever be to go out and make new friends.

I change into my skin tight black jeans and a black and white printed, flirty top, outfit fitting just perfectly on my body. I decide to go with my only pair of boots that I brought with me. I blow dry my hair quickly, put on an even line of eyeliner and apply mascara. I don't need anything else, except, long silver earrings. I apply a little lip gloss which looks completely neutral, just a teensy bit glossy, which is probably, what it's made for.

I had already shoved my Indian dresses in the extreme back of my closet, which I was forced to bring with me. So I don't have to worry about them. I'll go shopping tomorrow.

I Google the places around and decide to go with Club D'Jan. It's around 0.25 miles away from where I'm staying currently, on the Wilton Road.

Walking there seems like a good idea so I type in the address in my phone and go for the navigation option and choose walking in mode of transport.
I follow the instructions and take in the surroundings, breathe in the air of this place. I've waited to come here for so long.

The busy streets, blaring horns, street lights, headlights of vehicles and Me, all under the infinity of dark sky, just meddling in.

This is all increasing my excitement with each second and I'm simply ecstatic to be here. Although all the hysteria isn't really helping that much with the whole 'missing my family' thing.

No amount of traffic can make me forget the narrow empty streets of my village in India. No amount of lighting is going to make me forget the dimly lit streets outside my house in my village. I spent a lot of time studying in Delhi but I still miss the quiet of my village, 'Chaniya'.

After about 5 minutes, I'm standing outside the club. I release the breath I was holding without realising and enter the club. They say the entry is free if I eat in the restaurant upstairs. That was my initial plan anyway. The place is too wild, just as I expected and wanted. I look around. The place is packed, music is loud with beats thrumming in my ears. Everyone is screaming and dancing on the tunes and the DJ seems to be enjoying more than anyone else.

Hot blood starts pumping through my veins.

My feet oblige to the loud sound and I join the crowd. A girl dancing next to me says, "This place is so good, isn't it?"

"Oh yeah! It's crazy!" I reply and she smiles at me. Seems like she's here alone as well.

"Drinks?" I ask her. She nods. I raise my hand and she gives me a high five.

[Guysss... Plzzzzz tell me if you like it... Vote, comment... And Thanks for reading :) That's Mahi in the picture above. ]