Chapter 2

𝗙𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸

8 years ago,

It had been drizzling the whole day and poor Soyeon had forgotten her beloved umbrella at her home. Wait did I say forgotten, oh no wait she left it at home intentionally as her poor fragile heart could not muster up the courage to bring a merch to school. Leave the fact using it, knowing the water might ruin her bias picture printed on it.

"Are you sure you can stay here? " her worried friend looked at her.

"Yeah Minjoo. I am totally fine. I have even informed thta frog i mean my brother to pick me up from here and he is on the way. You should go now. " Speaking a huge lie, she tried to ease her friend's worry. She slightly pushed her towards the exit. For the last time Minjoo looked at her ,eyes full of worry as her fragile heart could not bear the fact of leaving her friend alone in the school .The sun was already setting and the clouded sky was not helping either.

"I will be totally fine. Now go shoo shoo" Soyeon understood her friend's worry and urged her to leave the place. Obliging her friend, Minjoo put her hands on her head to provide a small protection from rain droplets and ran towards her house.

Once her friend exited the school campus and took a turn, Soyeon heaved a sigh and crouched down. Her hands on her knees and her head resting on her hands hiding her face. She knew no one was going to come to get her, at least not for now. She didn't call her brother nor her parents. She just spoke a white lie to her friend to stop her from worrying so much. Her parents are too busy with their works nowadays and about that fro- brother. Well, they both are having a cold war and Soyeon's ego was not letting her ask for her brother's help.

It was already 5 in the evening and the cloudy weather was making the surrounding even more darker. Shiver ran down her spine as her brain which always remained non functional during school time decided to become functional and remind her about all the different crime and horror movies she has seen till now. Especially, the one where a young and charming girl was left alone in an empty building and a killer put his hands on her shoulder from behind before slicing her neck. Soyeon might not be charming but she was a girl and alone in an empty building.

Silence...

....

....

"AHHHHHH"

A scream erupted from her throat as she felt a hand on her shoulder from behind making her jerk her head upwards. She fell down on her butt with one of her hand using as her support and the other hand infront of her face to protect her from upcoming danger. But nothing came, slowly she opened her eyes only to be met by the face of her school's president 'Park Jimin'

Park Jimin. A fine looking boy with all the qualities of a perfect student along with a perfect boyfriend. He was a great definition of manner mixed with goofiness. No, he wasn't a type of those serious type president, rather a cool and energetic boy.

However right now, the face of the poor boy showed nothing other than fear. Of course the banshee type scream could have scared the shit of their physical education teacher who isn't afraid of entering a chemistry lab even after getting the warning that the students have created a mess of chemical that could explode any moment.

She quickly stood up and dusted off her uniform.

"Sunbaenim, I am sorry. I-I just...I just was.."Awkwardness filled the area as she could not bring up an excuse. Her brain again decided to log off leaving her on her own. She could not possibly tell him that she was fantasizing about a killer going to kill her. That would be damn embarrassing.

"Its okay. I understand. Are you okay?" Jimin just decided to shrug off the earlier event. "Yeah. I am totally fine" Soyeon too decided to go with the flow.

"Why are you here all alone? Everyone has left the school. I am the last person going to leave the school" He asked full of concern. Of course a responsible school president.

"Actually I forgot my umbrella at home.I could not get drenched in rain as I am having a little fever and cannot afford to make it worse knowing it could affect my upcoming exams. So I am just waiting for the rain to cease down." As if in cue, a huge thunder strucked the clouds indicating the girl that it is not going to stop anytime rather its going to intensify its effect.

Both the students looked up at the sky as the older one chuckled shaking his head."Young lady, I don't think the weather is on your side today. Its better you go to the main office and give a call to your parents." He spoke and opened his umbrella. again turning towards the younger girl who was cursing her whole life, he spoke "Do it fast or the office might close. I will be get going, goodbye"

And he too left. Leaving the poor girl alone in the school building with her thumping heart. Right now she was cursing everything and every decision of her life. 'Seems like this time that frog gonna win this war' Thinking this she turned her heels towards the entrance of her building to give a call to her brother.

But before she could take a step forward, she heard a voice.

"HEY WAIT"

Soyeon turned as she saw jimin running towards her. Jimin slowly came to a halt as he reached her. Taking a deep breath he spoke " sorry I forgot to tell you, You won't be able to make the call as the school telephone line went out of service just a few hours ago. So you better not go inside"

Again a thunder struck.

No not in the sky. Its in her brain.

If the school telephone is out of service. How will she contact her parents or her frog. and if she cant contact them. then how will she go home . That leaves her with two options:

1. Run in this rain and fall sick

2. wait till her family notices her absence and searches for her.

Both of them are risky. Her face slowly turned into a crying one and her grip on the straps of her school bag tightened.

"EXCUJI ME" Just then a voice brought her out of her trance. Jimin continued " You know we can share my umbrella if you want. I can drop you at your house if you want."

Hearing his offer brought relief to Soyeon. But wait

Why is he offering her such an offer.Its not that they are good friends rather its the first time they are talking.

What if...

What if he is a part time serial killer.

Sigh. Her non functional brain again decided to be functional. She just shook off her stupid thoughts.

However, she can't just accept the offer and cause him trouble. So she shook her head. But before she could speak anything, Jimin grabbed her right wrist from one hand and put the umbrella over themselves with the other and started walking.

"Tell me the way ,okay?" He knew she was gonna decline the offer but he also knew there is no other way she could reach her house until her parents come and leaving a girl in an empty building is something his morals objects.

While Jimin was having a smiling face to calm the girl as she isn't familiar to him and might be afraid of him right now, Soyeon was trying to calm her racing heart as she glanced at her hands in hold of her senior's hand.

The fear of serial killer was long gone. They met for the first time under the

Umbrella

Make sure to vote,comment and share.