34. Spies

Hey guys! Just wanna give you all a heads up, this is a small-ish time skime from the "A love that is true" chapter! Please enjoy!

Even after everything that had been said that day, nothing had been set in stone. Well not exactly. Shigaraki and Dabi had certainly acted differently around each other; Dabi always making small teasing jokes with Shigaraki and making him flustered. However, no one else in the league seemed to notice these changes. They all knew that things like this were completely normal, so there wasn't much understanding between the two.

However, everything between the two felt so real. The two men both knew how much they cared for and loved each other. Even if they decided to become a couple, things would have to stay between the two of them and the two of them alone.

But all of that was besides the point. Things had began to change outside of Dabi and Shigaraki's sudden emotional changes, such as rather shady hero news reports and closer approaching patrols. Of course, none of them have been or ever would be spot on to where the league's base was, but one could never be too careful. Shigaraki, as usual, was the first to notice the heroes' actions. Everything past that moment was just work.

No matter what the situation may be, Shigaraki's mind was absolutely cluttered with plans and ideas on how to stop the heroes from progressing their glory and finally destroying All Might. He knew that not many of them had worked well in the past, but his most recent one seemed to be their best bet at this point. It was one of the riskier ones, but what other choice did he have? After all, many people were dealt bad hands. What mattered was what you did with these cards and what strategies you used to win.

As of now, the leader of the League of Villains was waiting for everyone to arrive into the main room. Which was also known as the bar. Shigaraki's finger tapped impatient against the wood of the countertop as his other hand lightly grazed across his neck, his fingernails tracing new and old scars that had been engraved into his skin. A set of heavy footsteps echoed from behind the frail man followed by an all too familiar husky voice.

"I hope you aren't scratching again." Dabi scoffed as he made his way over to prop himself against the counter near his boss' spot.

The cyanette gave a groan. "I'm not. And why would it matter so much to you anyways?"

A devilish smirk spread across Dabi's face. He gave a shrug as he stuffed his hands into his pockets.

"Because it's quite shameful you've managed to mark that beautiful skin of yours before I could even get the chance." He purred out as he side-eyed Shigaraki.

The cyanette's face felt as if it had been set ablaze. But, thankfully, his 'father' was covering it, so none of the blush was showing. Hopefully.

"Shut your mouth before I disintegrate you." The man sneered.

Dabi gave a hum. "I'd like to see you try, Shiggy~"

Shigaraki whipped around to Dabi. He would have lunged at him if Toga's annoyed voice hadn't pulled his attention away.

"This better be important." The fanged blonde pouted as she hopped into the main room. "Big sis Mag and I had finally gotten Spinner to let us do his hair!"

"And paint his nails!" Magne added in as she crossed her arms from her spot beside the blonde.

Three other men soon joined the small group in the bar. Spinner had an aggravated look painting his face; Twice's face was expressionless at the moment, but Shigaraki had assumed he had been in the room with Toga, Magne, and Spinner; and Compress had come from the upstairs area. No one knew what he really did when he was alone, so they all assumed he was boring and tasteless.