22. Him

(Just a little FYI for all you guys; ^" "^ mean mental image/clip of the past!)

Toga plopped onto her boss's bed with a huff. Her cat-like eyes watched him pace his room, muttering things to himself as he picked and tore at his neck.

"Shiggy, I'm sure you're overthinking things!" The blonde reassured him, catching his attention. "It's just Dabi! Some other villain just like us!"

"But...that's not it!" Shigaraki shook his head vigorously. "I can see the look in your eyes; you know him. Know him on a personal level. If you know him, then I should as well!"

A frown replaced Toga's smile. She tapped her chin before pulling her knees up to her chest. He's right. She sighed, resting her chin on her kneecaps. He does know him. I don't know why he didn't remember me..I thought for sure he'd remember Touya-San! Even with how he looks now.

"I don't know." Toga finally murmured against her skin.

Shigaraki turned to her. Small streams of blood ran down either side of his neck and coated his finger tips, but he didn't seem to notice nor care. Letting out a soft sigh, the cyanette made his way over to her.

"I'm sorry." Shigaraki apologized as he sat down beside her. "I shouldn't be shoving this all onto you."

The blonde teenager turned to her friend. She smiled a toothy smile and laid her head against his shoulder.

"It's okay, Tomura-kun!" The girl giggled. "I'd help you any day! You should know that."

Tomura's eyes shifted to her. He sighed and removed the paralyzed hand of his father, turning to Toga fully. No matter how much he hated to admit it openly, he loved the hell out of Toga. It was easier to express when it was just him, her, and...

There it is again.

That annoying, nagging feeling where he felt like he was forgetting something. Or someone. He hated it. It made him feel incomplete.

Shaking his head vigorously, Tomura sighed heavily and ran a hand through his hair. His ruby eyes shifted to Toga, a hopeful look in his eyes.

"Himiko, you would tell me if I'm forgetting anything...right?" The cyanette asked.

The blonde teenager nodded quickly. "Of course I would! It's just..." she sighed and picked at her skirt. "This is different. It's hard."

Shigaraki sighed helplessly. He sat down against the edge of the bed and laid his head in his hands. Somehow, all his mind did was trace back to that new guy. Why did he even want to be part of the League? He does look strong, but it still doesn't make sense to me! But, the more he looked at Toga and how distracted she seemed, he knew she knew something he didn't.

"You know him. Don't you?" Tomura asked softly, laying his head back against the mattress.

Toga looked over at him. "Who, Dabi?"

Tomura nodded softly. She sighed heavily before resting her chin on her knees.

"Yeah. At least I think so? He changed so much...but it's easy to tell who he is at heart!" Her eyes shifted to Tomura, who casted her a confused gaze. "Wait...you seriously don't remember Touya?"

"Who?"

"Touya Todoroki!"

"I don't-"

^"Tomura!"^

Shigaraki's hands have never went to grab something so fast. He held his head as an overwhelming amount of pain bolted through his head like a bolt of lightning, snapping and crackling in different directions. The room faded in and out of light as the voice spoke up again.

^"Come on! Don't give me that look!"^

There was a blurry figure there before him. They flickered like static as white noise filled his ears, blocking out the universal commotion around him. Everything went black, leaving him alone with the blurry shape.

Their hand was out to him. He didn't know why, or even who they were, but a warm feeling spiraled around in his chest as he looked up at them. A child. Small flints of red and white were visible, but other than that, nothing.

^"Come on, Tomu!"^ they called confidently. ^"This place is ours now! Might as well get used to it, right?"^

When Tomura reached out to the hand, something snapped. His hand retaliated back, pressing close to his chest. Shigaraki's eyes darted around the area, looking for any sign of movement. His ears started to release an ear splitting ring that echoed throughout his new area. There was a faint voice in the distance that shouted to him, as if they were attempting to get his attention.

"Wait, I'm not ready!" Shigaraki called into the darkness. "Who are you? What do you mean "this place is ours?" Do I know you?"

There was no reply, only the sad echo of Shigaraki's own voice. Something ached at his heart, like he knew who that person was. He just...couldn't put a face together. Suddenly, a bright white light blinded him followed by a rush of panicked voices.

"I told you, I don't know! He just passed out!"

"Calm down, Toga-Darling. I'm sure he's alright!"

"Probably dehydrated. Or his body shut down again."

"Hey, he's waking up!"

A low groan escaped Shigaraki's lower throat as he was carefully lifted up by a scaly hand. The cyanette placed a hand on his teammates shoulder, leaning into his warmth a bit.

"You alright, Shig?" He heard Spinner's voice ask as he was situated against the bed. "You scared Toga. Just passing out like that."

Shigaraki groaned again and rubbed his head gently. Well, all that noise left me a migraine. Thanks universe, just what I need! The cyanette opened his eyes fully and took in the worried faces. Well, at least those readable. Toga stood in the doorway beside Twice and Mange, her eyes glossy. Mange held a bad on her shoulder as if you restrain her while Twice held one of her hands.

Kurogiri was beside Spinner now, casting Shigaraki an uneasy look. Compress was on the other side of Shigaraki, ready to aid him or Spinner if Shigaraki were to resist. Even on the shadows there was a dim glow of icy blue eyes that watched the room warily.

Tomura turned his gaze to Toga. His face fell into a frown. "I'm..sorry, Himi."

Toga smiled and walked over, kneeling down and hugging him tightly. "It's okay! I just didn't know what to do; normally you don't just pass out like that. I thought you had a heart attack and died or something!"

"I'm going to die here in a second if you don't let go of me." Shigaraki threatened through Toga's fierce grip.

The blonde giggled and pulled away. "Sorry, Shiggy!"

Shigaraki sighed and rightened himself as he nodded in response to Toga. As everyone began to leave, something stuck with Shigaraki like an annoying little leach.

"Who was that boy?"