9. Search and Reascue

Toga skipped ahead of Dabi as they stalked the streets. Dabi held his phone in his hand as they walked, glancing down at the map that held the location of where their friend was. His eyes shifted down to it, reading the very bottom. 5 miles. He noted.

"So how exactly ARE we going to save Shiggy?" Toga asked as she spun around to face Dabi.

"Obviously we break in." Touya looked at her. "I haven't exactly thought about further on in the plan. Just waiting to see how big this place is."

Toga nodded. She slowed her pace until she matched Dabi's. His face was cold and unreadable, colder than most times. The blonde girl frowned.

"Hey," she started. "We'll find him. I'm sure of it!"

Dabi looked over at her. He scoffed softly and shoved his hands into his pockets. It's not finding him I'm worried about. He thought as he grimaced. I just want him to be safe and alive. Which I already know one of those is crossed off.

Touya sighed. Tenko's words replayed in his head, over and over again. Like a song that was stuck on loop. We're getting you back. Touya glared at the ground. No matter what, I'll save you. Or I'll die trying.

"How much further?" Toga called from ahead.

"A mile." Touya replied coldly.

Toga groaned. By now, they had been walking for a hood few hours. He knew Toga was exhausted and he was too, but he wasn't about to stop and take a break. Anything could happen in that time span! Hell, anything could be happening right now!

Dabi clenched his fists. No. He wouldn't let Tenko go that easily. He was the one person Touya knew he could trust after years of being unsure who was hood and who was evil. He finally found his place in the world, he wasn't about to have it taken away from him!

Swiftly, Dabi pulled his phone out. No new messages. No phone calls. No sign of Tenko. Touya growled and put his phone back in his pocket. His eyes trailed up to Toga, who was swaying a bit as she walked. Dabi sighed, guilt eating away at his heart as he walked over to Toga.

"Himiko." He said softly.

She stopped and looked up at him, "Yeah? What's wrong?"

Dabi crouched down to her height. "Get on my back."

Toga tilted her head but climbed onto her friends back. He stood up, boosting her up a bit, and started walking again. Himiko clung tightly to Touya.

"You won't fall. I've got you!" He smiled at her.

Himiko stared at him before slowly nodding. Her grip loosened a bit and she laid her head on his shoulder. A small smile tugged at her lips.

"Thanks Touya-San.." she muttered.

The everlasting trip finally ended when the Touya noticed a large, warehouse like building in the distance. His heart fluttered, but his eyes dimmed. Almost there, Tenko. Just hang in there!