Lucy's eyes race wildly for a moment, searching for a way to escape, calculating how many armed men there are and how many she could knock out before getting caught. ...Strange, no one is here. Lucy thought in confusion as she found no one waiting for her.

So, he didn't tell them yet? Lucy thought as a short relief washed over her before snapping back into focus. Her eyes then locked on Seth as a terrible thought passed her mind. ...Should I silence him now before he could do so? Lucy thought in a dilemma as she was at a loss.

But I promised sister Emma!... but if I don't kill him now, he will ultimately turn me in. Damn it, what to do, what to do?! Sweat broke down from the nape of her neck as her arms trembled for a moment. J-just one more.

At that moment, Lucy could not help but despise herself as she kept breaking her word again and again. She knew it was wrong and yet she allowed it, which made her self-loathing ever more potent. T-this will be my last. I promise. It will be my last. This will be-

"Relax sister Lucy, I have not and will not tell your brother about you." Lucy frowned as she did not believe a single word he had said.

"...And why would you not? Simply being quiet will hurt your trade, actively hiding me will get you killed so why would you not?" Lucy accused as Seth shook his head.

"If I had any plans to turn you in, wouldn't I have done so when you were asleep?" Lucy flinched as Seth continued. "Besides, I've already told you why I'm doing this." Seth said as Lucy hesitated.

"And that is?" Lucy asked as Seth smiled once again as he drew closer.

"I am interested in you." Lucy paused as if she had heard a twisted confession from him.

"Me?" Lucy bluntly asked, as if she could not believe her ears.

"Yes, you. Who else would it be?" Seth said as Lucy inched away uncomfortably.

"...Ah! No no, I don't mean it that way." Seth hurriedly corrected himself as Lucy visibly relaxed. "I mean... well, to put it nicely, your story is what I am interested in." Seth said as Lucy listened much more carefully this time.

"How you came to be, why you are here. Those kinds of stories I particularly wanted to hear." Lucy frowns at his words.

"Poking on people's lives will not bring you good gobs." Seth shrugged as he replied without pause.

"Be it as it may, I still want to." Seth said.

"But why?" Lucy asked as the smirk on his face slowly went still. His eyes hardened ever so slightly as he whispered an answer Lucy had never expected.

"I've seen those eyes before." Lucy flinched as Seth mulled his words carefully. "You might not believe me, but I want to help you." Seth softly whispered as Lucy glared.

"I don't need help." Lucy hissed but Seth did not break the gaze.

"Maybe, but I want to anyway," Lucy was about to reply when Seth quickly added. "Besides, I am letting you and the others mooch off. The least you can do is let me do my thing." Seth smiled as the two knew who had won.

Lucy could only grimace but did not reply. "Well, if you truly don't want my help, I won't force you. I just want you to know." Seth said when Avf finally delivered their order.

"Ah, many thanks my good man!" Seth's melancholic gaze shifted back to his usual cheeky and cheerful persona; it was as if those melancholic tones never existed in the first place.

"Well, you know me! Here are two orders of freshly brewed black coffee." Avf said as Seth handed in a silver coin.

"Oh, no need sir Seth! This one is on the house." The barista laughed as Seth returned a smile. His emerald gaze shifted ever so slightly back to Lucy who shot back a questioning glare.