Farewell for now

3rd POV

Y/n just stood there holding the orb where he trapped the soul of Ozpin or Ozma. He decided to store it in his pocket dimension for now. He looked back at everyone else his eyes landed on a certain woman who had black hair with red tips at the end who still had a surprised expression. For a second Y/n decided to drop his collected persona going back to a more familiar one.

Y/n: Hello mom.

Summer: Y/n!!!

Summer used her semblance to get to her son as soon as possible as she hugged him as tight as possible crying into his chest. Y/n rubbing circles on her back to calm her down. Then his Aunt Raven walked up to them with Glynda and Winter.

Raven: Nicely done nephew.

Raven says trying to hold back tears of her own.

Y/n: It's ok auntie you can drop the act.

The second Raven heard that she joined the hug hiding her face on her nephew's shoulder as she cried as well surprising everyone. Seeing the cold Raven Branwen break down in tears crying on someone's shoulder. Then came Winter.

Winter: It is n-nice to see y-you again Y-Y/n.

She says trying to remain collected. With no words spoken Y/n just opened his arms as Winter just rushed in to join the hug. Ruby and Weiss looked at them with smiles as did the rest of them though the sister's eyes were twitching a bit regardless they were happy for them.

Though that does not remove the feeling of jealousy. A certain blond brawler looked at them gritting her teeth with her eyes turning red as her hair was slowly setting on fire. Though for some reason she couldn't do anything. Soon broke their hug as they were wiping their tears.

Y/n: I missed you all greatly but unfortunately we must be on our way. I do promise to visit all of you.

Raven: You better or I will look for you and beat your ass.

Summer: Raven! But she's right you better keep your promise son or I will hunt you down.

She says with a sweet yet eerie smile sending shivers down everyone besides Y/n's spine.

Winter: I will take your word for it then.

They all nodded as Y/n went toward Glynda who was still frozen in place.

Y/n: It is nice to see you again Ms Goodwitch though I would like to ask for a favour.

Glynda: W-what would that be Mr Rose?

Y/n: With Ozpin gone we need a proper leader to help create the huntsman of the future. Could you do that Ms Goodwitch?

Glynda looked at the young man with wide eyes understanding what he was trying to say. With no hesitation she replied.

Glynda: I accept your proposal, Mr Rose.

Y/n: Well to make it official then.

He reached out his hand toward her but unexpectedly he received a hug instead which he returned. They broke off the big as they looked at each other.

Glynda: It is good to have you back Mr Rose.

Y/n: Thank you... Headmistress Goodwitch. If anyone has a problem with this change you will consult me.

He told everyone around them as he looked back at Glynda and nodded before walking back toward his siblings when he heard someone call out to him.

???: Umm... Excuse me, sir!

They looked toward the sound and saw a girl with short black hair wearing a familiar scarf as she was followed by what they assumed were her friends. Y/n raised an eyebrow signalling her to keep talking.