19 | no longer

❀° ┄───╮
chapter nineteen
╰──┄┄ °❀

and ever since then, doyoung and taeyong were always texting each other. at first, it was only for their yujae agenda, but later it became for personal stuff as well.

doyoung wasn't against yuta being with jungwoo, but he didn't seem as so in love as he had been with jaehyun. but he obviously knew that yuta was only trying to get over jaehyun and was not completely over him, so he gave them some time. falling in love wouldn't happen immediately.

so it also made him wonder if jungwoo actually really liked yuta as he said. they only met properly a few days ago, so he thought jungwoo had thought he has a crush on yuta because he remembers his black haired friend telling him how lonely he was.

after talking about it taeyong, they decided to let jungwoo and yuta be and figure out themselves if they like or will like each other. meanwhile, taeyong tried to make jaehyun talk about his feelings. but he knows jaehyun isn't being himself, and also knows the reason which was yuta.

🐩

it was currently p.e class, jungwoo and yuta were playing badminton in a corner. they were having an intense rally. it was intense indeed but the two were also conversing.

jungwoo asked yuta on a date.

and yuta agreed.

it was their first date together. and jungwoo chose somewhere nice to go, an aquarium. yuta thought it was really thoughtful of jungwoo to ask him for places he wanted to go. yuta really liked the idea of going to a place he wants to, instead his date saying they would want to surprise him and it may not be upto his expectations.

yuta tried his best to concentrate on the game, but couldn't when he heard a girl's voice and the words 'like' and 'jaehyun'. he moves a little backwards to get a view of what was going on. he sees the girl trying hard to muster up courage and confess to him.

until yuta tripped and fell. his knee scratched, jungwoo helps him get up and take him to the infirmary, not knowing someone was watching them the whole time.

"there's no nurse here" jungwoo mumbles once yuta sits on the bed.

"its fine, it's only a little scratch"

"we still need to get it treated, i'll go see of there's a nurse around" jungwoo quickly says and leaves yuta alone.

but yuta wasn't alone for long until someone opened the door.

"woo, it's really fine-" yuta says and looks up to the door, not expecting him to be standing there.

yuta looks away. jaehyun enters the room and goes straight to the shelf nearby, going though the boxes and bottles to find a bandaid, and he gives it to yuta.

"what did you tell her" yuta asks. jaehyun thought correct, yuta did see her confessing to him.

"told her i didn't like her back"

"well, atleast with me gone, you can have your pick" yuta snickers.

"haven't i already told you i'm not looking for anyone to date" jaehyun says and he rolls his eyes.

yuta sighs, not wanting to see jaehyun when he was trying to forget what he was feeling for him. he gets up, carefully stretching his knee.

jaehyun walks up to the door, his back facing yuta.

"do you like him?" jaehyun's voice was deep and quiet, almost a whisper but sad.

yuta's arms cross in front of his chest. "what i feel for him doesn't concern you now does it" he says and gets up.

a sense of deja vu washes over the two.

"besides, aren't we supposed to be strangers-"

"answer me, yuta. do you like jungwoo?"

he was serious. jaehyun turns around as yuta tried leaving the room. his arm blocks yuta's way, his gaze was strong and firm, but not a glare. it was sad, and yuta could sense it like they had a soulmate bond.

"i'm trying to like him" yuta answers, not looking at jaehyun anymore.

"how are you forcing your heart to like someone? that won't work"

"jungwoo is a nice person, jaehyun. unlike someone" he scoffs.

jaehyun now truly regrets what he had done before. he should not have taken the whole thing about yuta being his dog, seriously. serves him right, he thought. but it hurt.

he opens his mouth to speak, but the door behind him opens. "i couldn't find a nurse-"

"its okay jungwoo, let's just go" yuta says in a hurry before pushing jaehyun's arm out of the way, dragging a confused jungwoo with him.

and jaehyun never bothered yuta ever again.

❀° ┄───╮
t b c
╰──┄┄ °❀

word count: 791

a/n; next chapter is the one yall have been waiting for :)