06 | like a fever

❀° ┄───╮
chapter six
╰──┄┄ °❀

"summer break felt so short, where did all the time go?" yeri whines.

"here you go" a bag sits in front of her face on the table. "souvenir from japan" says minseok.

"here's one for you and your boyfriend" minseok hands over another bag to yuta.

they both thank him as yeri asks minseok how japan was. "the typical summer you know, warm beaches and bright skies, overall it was amazing! what did you guys do?"

"jaehyun, doyoung, yuta, sooyoung and i went to the beach! and besides that sooyoung and i did a lot of outdoor activities! what about you yuta?" yeri asks.

"i uh.. jaehyun and i just went out on a few dates!" he lied. he hadn't seen jaehyun ever since the holiday was announced except for the time yeri invited them out.

"speaking of which... i haven't seen him today at school either" yuta thinks.

before they knew it, school had ended and yuta still hadn't seen him. he waited at another classroom door for doyoung, who came out with a file in his hands.

"here for your boyfriend? he's absent" doyoung says.

"no idiot i'm here for you- wait, jaehyun's not here?"

doyoung nods as a yes, ignoring the fact that yuta actually thought of jaehyun when he said 'boyfriend', "seems like he's got a cold"

"wow, that dude gets sick..." yuta mutters

"he's human too you know" doyoung rolls his eyes. "i got take this to him cause i'm the class rep, but i gotta see my brother, do you think you can take it to him?" doyoung asks yuta, holding up the file.

and that's how yuta found himself standing in front of jaehyun's apartment wondering if it was the right house. he took a deep breath before going to press the door bell, but chickens out to think of weird scenarios.

what if one of his parents opened then door? what was he going to introduce himself? the boy who pretends to be their son's boyfriend? that's just weird. whatever. yuta decided he'll say he's jaehyun's friend and rung the bell.

"who is it?" he heard jaehyun say in a groggy voice or he didn't know if something was wrong with the speaker.

"its yuta, i'm here to give you some stuff"

there was pause before jaehyun's voice was heard again. "coming".

yuta sighed in relief, it was just jaehyun who answered. he got all worked up for nothing.

he heard the door unlock and stepped back. opening the door, jaehyun peeked through with a flushed face with sweat dripping off him. he looked like he was doing a workout but yuta already knew the reason for that appearance.

"what is it?" jaehyun asked in a quiet voice, not questioning how yuta knew his address.

"i got some handouts from your class rep and here's a souvenir from minseok's trip" yuta said, giving jaehyun a paper bag.