13 | fucked up

❀° ┄───╮
chapter thirteen
╰──┄┄ °❀

"are you coming?" jaehyun asks yuta who still had his hand on his cheek, feeling the warmth and the sensation of jaehyun's soft skin on his own. jaehyun tosses yuta's phone making yuta fumble around to not drop it. they continue walking, jaehyun's eyes on the path walk like a normal person and yuta's stuck to his phone's screen.

he couldn't help but gush over how handsome jaehyun looked in the picture but he looked stiff, almost nervous.

"hey, it's cold so let's stop somewhere inside on our way" jaehyun says, pointing to the stores next to them. yuta nods and continues walking beside him, the picture still fresh in his mind. they looked a real couple in it.

randomly, a sudden wash of reality hits him. jaehyun doesn't like him the way he does. which was why, yuta would treasure that photo. but he promised himself he was going to love jaehyun until there was even a little but of hope.

yuta feels his stomach burn. he suppressed his thoughts, which he thought was why he felt a lump in his throat and the burn in his stomach. but he soon realizes that the burn in the stomach was because of something else. as the pain increases, he holds his waist before crouching down, grabbing jaehyun's attention.

"what's wrong?" he asks with a frown.

"my..."

"your?"

"my stomach hurts"

🐩

yuta had his head burried in his arms on the table as he patiently waits for jaehyun to come back. the aforementioned soon makes his presence into the cafe with a plastic bag in his hand. he drops it on the table, grabbing yuta's attention as he gets up.

"have it" jaehyun says, pushing the glass of water to yuta.

checking the contents of the plastic bag, yuta smiled. "you went all the way to a pharmacy to get these for me?"

"yeah"

"how much was it? i'll return back the money" yuta says, already reaching out to his bag.

"you don't have to" jaehyun says.

"but-"

"you did the same thing to me when i was sick. don't make me the only charity case here" jaehyun says, looking out the glass wall of the cafe.

coming to think of it, yuta had kind of forgotten the time he had helped out jaehyun when he was sick. the only things he did remember from that time was jaehyun having a nightmare.

"getting a stomachache... what are you, an old man or a girl on her period?"

yuta rolls his eyes at jaehyun's snarky remark.

"but seriously, what has been bothering you? you've looked distracted the whole time, and i don't think it's the stomachache" jaehyun says.

it kind of made yuta happy that jaehyun was concerned about him, although the reason for his disturbed state was none other than jaehyun and his feelings for him. maybe telling him that straightforward would help...

...or that's what yuta thought until he saw jaehyun's cunning look. his chin was resting on his palm, his bangs fallen over his eyes giving them a dark shadow, yuta could say jaehyun's eyes were giving him the powerful stare. he also had a waggish smirk.

no. jaehyun knew exactly what yuta felt and the reason why he was distressed. he was just having fun.

"what is it yuta?" jaehyun asks but this time, his voice a bit more deeper.

this was about jaehyun feelings for yuta, and how he saw him. they both knew. but yuta knew jaehyun wanted him to say it, so that was what he was you to do.

"its about us" yuta says and jaehyun hums in acknowledgement for the other to keep going.

"am i just a toy for you to kill time? no special feelings at all?" yuta asks, finally.

fixed gazes on each other, none of them was backing off and breaking the eye contact. it took a whole minute for jaehyun to respond and yet not break eye contact. "who knows-"

"finish that statement, and i'll pour this on your head" yuta threatens, raising his cup of water, indicating he really will do what he said. he was sick of jaehyun not being clear about his feelings to yuta.

jaehyun scowls, which wasn't noticeable. he finally breaks eye contact, his eyebrows turning into a soft frown. yuta grips on his glass tight, boring holes into jaehyun with his eyes. "actually..." jaehyun starts, his fingers now wrapped around yuta's hand which held his glass.

"i like you, yuta"

his whole world froze. it was like jaehyun was the only person he could see or hear. what he had wanted had finally come true. jaehyun had actually liked him back.

"i've liked you for a while now, actually... i didn't think you wouldn't notice" jaehyun says.

"but y-you've always treated me-"

"you asked me if you were just a toy to me to kill time... if you really were, i would have gotten bored and left you if i didn't actually like you" jaehyun says, his intimidating stare replaced with a gentle look.

tears well up in his eyes, and yuta wasn't going to stop. he was happy to let those tears of joy flow. jaehyun took a tissue before patting yuta's cheeks to wipe off the tears.

"can i a-ask you something?" yuta asks, still sobbing in happiness.

"sure"

"can we spend christmas eve together? i hope you wouldn't mind since we're an actual couple now..."

jaehyun smiles, his dimples on full view. although, he doesn't reply. yuta just let's jaehyun take his time to reply and he takes the time to completely wipe his tears of and sniffles to clear his nose.

he leans on the table once again, his chin resting on his palm, his wicked gaze back on and he looks at yuta. "so, how long should i keep the act on?"

"h-huh?"

yuta looks at the brunet confused.

"wait, did you really think i would say all that?" jaehyun asks. yuta's world froze once again but this time, for a different reason. it all broke down.

"you've known me for so long but can't really tell if these were words i would actually say to someone huh. a dog should have known their master well and good by now. if this is how much you'd understand me after all this time, i guess you wouldn't-"

a cold and wet feeling. a sudden splash on his face. he was drenched. yuta gripped the empty glass tighter and had stood up. jaehyun wipes his face with his sleeve and looks at yuta, who had more uncontrollable tears flowing out. and this time, yuta was for real done with jaehyun being fake.

"i... i hope you die, you fucking piece of trash"

❀° ┄───╮
t b c
╰──┄┄ °❀

word count: 1135