15 | valentines battle

❀° ┄───╮
chapter fifteen
╰──┄┄ °❀

when he was asked what else they did besides going to see a tree and have christmas cake, yuta said they went on so many dates which included skiing, ice skating, a snow themed park date. but in reality, none of that happened. heck, he didn't get even a text from jaehyun.

school had already reopened for spring term. students flooded in, as the place was bustling in loudness from everyone meeting their friends after the holidays.

yuta was listening to yeri and minseok talk before he noticed jaehyun entering. he quickly excused himself and hopped to the tall brunet. "hi!" he says, sounding awfully enthusiastic to jaehyun.

"what's with the excitement?" he asks.

"well, now i get to see you everyday" yuta replies.

"isn't the picture enough?"

"they're different! besides, why didn't you call or text me during the vacation? i tried to reach to you, countless times!" yuta says in one go.

"oh.. i had my phone turned off the whole time cause i got way too many spam texts and calls. turns out it was just you" jaehyun smirks to which yuta looks at him in disbelief.

they get back to their classrooms and school goes boring like always. of course, except the breaks.

"its that time of the year!" yeri squeals, turning her chair around to face yuta who sat behind her. the obnoxious sound of a chair being dragged was heard as minseok sat next to yuta.

"i found this store that sells really good brand of chocolates" minseok says.

ah yes, that time of the year. a special day for couples and people in love. valentines day.

"you're gonna buy? i thought you were making them like you've always done" yeri says to minseok.

"well last year i tasted the chocolates and got an upset stomach. i'm definitely not risking my boyfriend on this"

"i feel like making the chocolates on your own has more values to it" yuta says, not noticing a person behind him trying to call out to the group.

"are you saying buying chocolate does not show enough love?" yeri questions.

"no, that was just my opinion" yuta says, the three still not noticing the boy next to them as they keep discussing, until one of the books from the stack in his arms fall next to yuta's leg.

grabbing yuta's attention, he bends down to pick up the book and looks next to him. there stood a tall boy with the stack in his arms.

"oh, jungwoo-ssi?" yuta and the other two finally notice the boy's presence.

"u-um, i'm sorry that fell-"

"its okay!" yuta smiles and places the book back on the top of the stack. "would it be okay to help you with that? there's a lot of books"

"no i'm fine. but uh.. c-can you guys submit your math notes? i'm collecting them for miss choi" the boy named jungwoo says in a quiet tone, that yuta had to lean a bit forward so he could hear him more clearly in the noisy classroom.

"we're not yet done with our homeworks, so us three will give her our books ourselves once we're done" yuta says.

"okay then, i-i'll get going" jungwoo says in a rush and leaves the classroom.

minutes after jungwoo leaves, minseok begins, "how long do you think he's been standing here?"

"he seems really reserved" yeri says, not in a negative way.