18 | heart breaker

❀° ┄───╮
chapter eighteen
╰──┄┄ °❀

"...what do you think? yuta?"

snapping out of his thoughts, the said boy's eyes flicker before focusing back to the person in front of him. "sorry, what did you say?"

"the new arcade near by the station has been opened. wanna go there today?"

yuta was not in the mood to go anywhere. he just wanted to go home and sleep. cry himself to sleep. but he told jungwoo he would give them a try, so he wouldn't back out.

"sounds nice. and do you mind if i invite doyoung too?"

jungwoo hesitates for a few seconds to say no, that he didn't mind. but he really wanted to hang out with yuta alone.

"no, he can come too! the more the merrier" he says and smiles, yuta smiling back at him.

just on cue, the last bell rang indicating that school was over. packing their bags, yuta asks jungwoo to leave before him as he still had someone to do.

he finds himself in front of class a. doyoung comes out of the room and yuta immediately pushes him telling him that jungwoo was waiting by the lockers. doyoung first refused to go because he didn't know jungwoo that very well, but does it anyway for yuta's sake.

waiting all by himself a few minutes more, jaehyun comes out.

they both lock eyes for few seconds, and it felt like the rest of the world had disappeared. yuta was once again cussing himself out in his mind for being pathetic enough to stoop so low to still continue liking jaehyun.

jaehyun could tell yuta was sad just from his eyes. despite that, he was smiling.

"jungwoo asked me out" yuta cuts straight to the chase.

the other male doesn't show the energy to act surprised because he was sure jungwoo must have told yuta about their conversation ot yuta must have heard about it, for him to suddenly come and tell jaehyun this.

he only hums, so yuta continues.

"and i'm willing to give him a chance"

jaehyun knew this was coming. but he couldn't help but feel a little bit hurt. oh well, who was he lying to. he was very hurt. he thought he prepared himself for this, but then he remembered that there was nothing to prepare for because they weren't dating for real anyway.

but in some corner of his heart, he wanted it to be real. to really date yuta. which was why he figured out this was hard for him than it was supposed to be.

no wonder he was mad about the valentines cupcake.

"so..."

please don't.

yuta looks at him in the eyes.

please don't say it.

"you don't have to be my fake boyfriend anymore"

of course i don't. i want to be a real one.

he hates himself. jaehyun hates what he was thinking. but his thoughts were drowning him. suffocating him to tell it out loud because his heart was aching.

jaehyun was sick of having internal conflicts with his own mind. it was like his heart was talking to him, telling him what he really wanted.

"cool"

but he chose to deny. deny the pain in his heart. deny his feelings.

"so we're perfectly strangers from now on?"