11 | game over?

❀° ┄───╮
chapter eleven
╰──┄┄ °❀

yuta froze in his spot, not knowing what to say.

taeyong and jaehyun look at each other in the eyes. jaehyun with a calm look and taeyong sending glares.

"i know how yuta feels... but he shouldn't court you so hard that it breaks his heart" taeyong says, "i'd never let him cry, i'd treasure him" he said and looks to yuta who was still shocked but slowly understanding what drama taeyong was pulling up.

"so, you wouldn't mind if i court him and take him, would you?" taeyong questions. yuta looks at jaehyun who only blinked his eyes, and didn't say anything.

"you wouldn't mind if i took yuta, would you?" taeyong says once more, in a more deeper voice, but still got no response from jaehyun.

"jaehyun answer me goddammit!"

there was a moment of silence before jaehyun smiles and says, "do whatever you want, i don't mind"

taeyong was taken aback by the answer and yuta was heartbroken once again. he looked at jaehyun to see if he was serious, begging him in his mind to say sike. but there was no traces of lies. maybe he really didn't have any feelings for yuta.

not wanting to look at jaehyun in the eyes, especially after knowing how he feels, yuta's face falls and he looks at the ground below him, blinking away tears.

"what the fuck are you saying, don't you like him?!" taeyong yells, beyond pissed at the boy in front of him.

jaehyun does not say anything and only smiles, before yuta decides to talk.

"i see... you're not gonna miss me one bit if i'm not here" he says.

jaehyun nods then sees that yuta wasn't looking at him and says, "yeah"

snapping his head up, yuta glares at jaehyun not bothering to wipe off tears, "jeong jaehyun you're a big jerk!"

he leaves the place in seconds, leaving behind a disturbed taeyong and an unbothered jaehyun. or atleast that's what jaehyun looked like.

"you made him cry" jaehyun says.

taeyong turns to the other, frowning at the statement, grabbing a fistful of his shirt "YOU made yuta cry! you know how he feels.. why would you say that?!"

"its the exact opposite of what you wanted to hear, right?"

"jaehyun, you better stop messing with his feelings and-"

"look, i knew everything you guys planned" jaehyun says, shutting up taeyong in an instant. the boy pulls off taeyong's hand which was gripping his shirt.

"you... did?" taeyong asks, taken aback.

"yeah. and now that you know it's hopeless, stop doing it"

"hopeless? do you have any idea how hard yuta has been working for you to reciprocate his feelings?! he loves you so fucking much, its painful to watch him-"

"taeyong" jaehyun says firmly, "i decide when i fall for yuta"

🐩

maybe he shouldn't have run too fast, he was out of breath and on top of that, he was choking on his sobs.

yuta stops by the river, leaning on the rail and watches the pretty view of the moonlight and city lights reflecting of the clear water. the lights shimmer from the ripples in the water. although the view was so pretty, he couldn't enjoy it as all he thought was jaehyun and the bitter indirect rejection.

"gonna jump in?" a familiar voice behind him says.

he turns around despite knowing who it was, "no, not for a jerk like you. you don't care about what i do anyways..." yuta said, his voice quivered in the last part which jaehyun caught onto.

the taller of two starts, "is that all the feelings you have to offer?"

yuta snaps his head to look at jaehyun.

"i thought you were gonna wrench open my heart and somehow get me" he said, grinning.

yuta frowns, tears filling his eyes were threatening to fall, "how could you be so self important?!" he yells, snapping his head up and tries to control his tears.

yuta hated himself for this one sole reason. despite everything jaehyun has said and all the rude things he's done, he couldn't stop loving him. he hated that. he hated that his heart wanted a jerk like him. why couldn't he just like someone as sweet as taeyong?

"so, what will you do?" jaehyun asks, lending out a hand.

and this time yuta looks at jaehyun in eyes not caring about his own eyes being glassy. this was going to hurt. love jaehyun was going to hurt and yuta very well knew. but he was determined to be with jaehyun despite being heartbroken. maybe he could go until his heart was completely shattered and had no more love to give.

he grabs jaehyun's hand, "since you asked for it, i'll love the hell out of you, you fucking asshole!"

jaehyun's grin turns into a soft smile, showing his dimples which was one main charm of his that made everyone around fall for him. his much longer fingers close in around yuta's hand, making the tears in yuta's eyes fall down for real this time.

"you piss me off, so much" yuta mumbles, just loud enough for jaehyun to hear making the boy smile even wider.

as much as yuta was heartbroken and wanted to stop chasing jaehyun, he couldn't help but feel he actually had a chance and the game wasn't over yet.

❀° ┄───╮
t b c
╰──┄┄ °❀

word count: 900