04 | first love

❀° ┄───╮
chapter four
╰──┄┄ °❀

getting a plaster on his knee, yuta couldn't help but notice how gentle kangjun was being. he silently hissed in pain as the male softly wipes the would with a liquid. he shuts his eyes tight from the stinging pain, which soon disappears as kangjun dries it by blowing and puts a cotton piece. covering the wound, yuta smiled at the boy.

"thank you kangjun" he says.

"you're welcome yuta, i would have done this for anyone but you..." he mumbles the last part but loud enough for yuta to hear.

heart fluttering, yuta tries not to blush. maybe he was right, this was his only shot of a romance and "an opportunity to leave that shithead jaehyun" he thinks.

"so um, i was wanting to ask.. if you wanted to go out this weekend?"

and you could say yuta kinda stopped working for a second. "by 'go out' you mean as in a-"

"a date. yes." kangjun says, surprising yuta at the sudden boldness.

"i'm asking you out on a date yuta, do you want to go?"

"yeah, sure!" yuta says, enthusiastically smiling.

"great! then let's meet at seoul station at one, this sunday?"

"sounds good"

"a-and uh, can i have your number?"

"of course! we'll be going on a date later this week you'll surely need my number" yuta giggles as they give each other's phones to exchange their numbers.

smiling at each other, both didn't notice a presence by the door. "what do we have here?" he says.

looking away, yuta's eyes go wide at who was by the door. "oh- jaehyun! we uh.."

"i heard from minseok and yeri you came here to the infirmary, i was worried" jaehyun cuts to the chase, actually kind of worried. "who's this?" he asks pointing to kangjun.

"t-this is kangjun, he helped clean and treat my wound" yuta replies.

"ah i see. well then, as yuta's boyfriend i should thank you too for helping him" jaehyun says with a smile, but only getting a cold glare from kangjun.

the air getting thick even an axe wouldn't cut it, kangjun was behind yuta so he didn't notice the glare kangjun was shooting at jaehyun.

jaehyun's face goes from a smile to stoic, "let's go" he says, taking yuta's hand, not giving the boys a chance to say goodbye.

coming out of the room, "give me your phone" jaehyun says, turning around.

"why?"

"just give it"

yuta hands over his phone to jaehyun before walking, jaehyun following him. returning his phone soon, yuta decided to check what jaehyun had done but couldn't find anything wrong. he shrugs it off before they leave the school.