17 | rebound(?)

a/n; SAY THE NAME!

❀° ┄───╮
chapter seventeen
╰──┄┄ °❀

his smile immediately drops. "i don't want it" jaehyun says, making yuta frown.

yuta tilts his head in confusion, "why not?"

"i just don't want it" jaehyun says, a bit more form this time.

"but you said you'd try them!-"

"do you really put me on the same level as jungwoo?!" he snaps.

the other was taken aback by the sudden outburst. but he quickly understood what jaehyun meant. he must have seen jungwoo with the same cupcake he had given him.

"jaehyun, there was no romantic meaning behind the one i gave jungwoo. i gave it to him as a friend!"

"friends don't give each other valentines chocolates. and it doesn't change the fact that you compare me with him"

yuta snickers in disbelief, "comparing you two, jungwoo is better. he's just a but quiet and introverted but he's kind, and would never treat someone so shitty like you do!"

"if he's that nice, then ask him to be your fake boyfriend. or even a real one" jaehyun says with a scoff.

"yeah? whatever" yuta turns on his heels after he throws the muffin at jaehyun, leaving the beautifully well lit place in an instant.

jaehyun watches as yuta's silhouette disappears into the dark. wanting to throw away the muffin into the river, he raises his arm. his mind was asking him to throw it away, but his heart begged no. he brings his arm down, wanting to crush it. he groans in annoyance, not knowing as to why he couldn't throw away something yuta gave him, and walks back home.

🐩

"he's so fucking annoying!" yuta yells into his phone, harshly slamming a book down on to his table making a loud noise, which made the person on the other side of the phone, shudder.

yuta's room was already a mess as he was doing the most random shit while talking to doyoung, like dusting the cookie crumbs off his bed which he never does, or randomly arranging the books on his shelf or organizing his table.

and now, he was repeating the same things he told doyoung, to jungwoo.

"uh.. you two are dating, he was just jealous"

jungwoo says, unsure if he was even supposed to say anything while yuta was ranting.

"we're not-"

yuta stops himself. he couldn't tell jungwoo they weren't actually dating.

"w-well, he's going overboard with his jealousy!"

jungwoo hears yuta's unstable and raged breath, but he was quiet. he hears sighs and more breathing.

"are you okay?"

yuta stays silent. jungwoo gives the boy some time to speak, but the sound of sniffles got him off guard.

"y-yuta?"

"i'm not okay, jungwoo. i'm tired of him" yuta says. he meant it. he really was tired of jaehyun. he wanted to give up. but...

"...but i still like him"