08 | masochist

❀° ┄───╮
chapter eight
╰──┄┄ °❀

the silence engulfing the two was too loud. he thought it was the best thing to do, but now, yuta felt like an idiot after confessing. he wasn't even sure if jaehyun had interest in him or would even take the effort to get to know him. and he was sure he was going to be rejected. welp; this was going to be embarrassing.

"no you don't" jaehyun speaks, in quiet voice which didn't go unheard by yuta, he looks at him.

"huh?"

"you don't like me, yuta. you've never actually dated someone before, so all this fake dating thing is only you starting to imagine you feel that way"

"so you're saying i don't really feel that way?" yuta asks again, speaking as if jaehyun's words didn't break his heart.

jaehyun remains quiet this time. he looks at yuta in the eyes for a few seconds and finally said, "that's right"

"i'm glad you told me.. i didn't want to like you, to be honest" yuta says, words out of his mouth falling from his mind while his heart wanted different.

"good that you're understanding" jaehyun said, with his stoic facial expression like he didn't care or know what yuta felt at that moment.

yuta looked down, trying his very best not to break, down in front of the other. he clenches his fists which were gripping onto his paper bag full of peaches which were meant for doyoung's brother, and ended becoming jaehyun's. he snaps his head up so his eyes would meet jaehyun's.

at that moment, jaehyun saw yuta's big eyes shimmering under the light of his corridor but looking glassy from his tears. his brows were furrowed, and jaehyun was no mind reader but he could clearly see the hurt expression in yuta's eyes. behind those beautiful round eyes laid the sorrow of his broken heart.

"here, peaches" yuta breaks eye contact by pushing the bag onto jaehyun's chest, waiting a few seconds for the taller to hold them before running away.

not being able to say anything or call out to yuta, jaehyun stood in his spot with the bag in his hands as he watches yuta's frame disappear into the dark. the image of yuta's teary eyes keep flashing in his mind.

meanwhile, yuta had already left the apartment and slowed down from running to walking. he kept his eyes on the ground, letting his tears flow freely now. but he was outside so he harshly wipes away the beads of tears off his cheeks.

he reaches a bus stop on his way, his attention only on the words jaehyun said replaying in his mind, he didn't notice someone tried to talk to him until they were loud enough.

"you didn't stay any longer? at jaehyun's place" he hears a female voice.

yuta looks up to the voice talking to him. it was her, from earlier, the girl who left jaehyun's place right before he came. yuta was in no mood to talk to her so he awkwardly rubbed his nape before saying, "uh.. yes. excuse me but i need to leave-"

"so it's true, he stopped playing with people"

now that was interesting and something that made yuta stop in his tracks.