16 | a little jealousy

❀° ┄───╮
chapter sixteen
╰──┄┄ °❀

"good morning, yuta!"

what a nice way to start the day, yuta thinks, when he hears the cheerful and sweet voice wish him a good morning.

"hey jungwoo" he says back a flashes a smile. "you seem to be in a good mood!"

"well, i decided to talk to people. l-like, wish them good morning like a normal person. and it wasn't bad" jungwoo says, proud of himself for breaking his shell just because yuta told him and he could actually mingle with people. he pulls out a few bills from his pocket before handing it over to yuta. "thank you" he says, as yuta smiles and the money.

"that's wonderful! interacting with people, i mean" yuta exclaims.

it wasn't the first time yuta noticed jungwoo's round eyes, they were usually covered with his hair. he leans in a little forward to push jungwoo's bangs back using his pointer finger. "have you ever thought of putting you hair back?" yuta asks his classmate, astonished with his pretty eyes.

"u-um, not really"

"oh you'd be popular here in a day if you did that" yuta tells him.

he was about use both his hands to try style jungwoo's hair in a different way which would show his eyes clearly, but a hindrance comes in the form of arms, one strongly wrapping around yuta's neck  and the other around his shoulder, his back meets another person's chest.

it didn't take long for yuta to recognize the familiar curly hair tickling his ear and the arms around him.

this was weird.

"what are you doing?" yuta asks him.

"i was cold. should i not cuddle my own boyfriend?" he hears him says and tuck his face in yuta's neck.

"i'm not your hand warmer, jaehyun"

he feels sick in the pit of his stomach. an ugly feeling. not towards yuta, but jungwoo.

"so you don't like this?" jaehyun mischievously says cradling yuta in his arms, a threatening gaze at the boy in front of them.

jungwoo gulps, not wanting to get on jaehyun's nerve or something, "then uh.. i'll get going" he quickly tells yuta and leaves, not waiting for a response.

jaehyun feels victory, he thinks it was weird. and he didn't notice he was strangling the boy in his arms until yuta taps his arm, "i c-can't breathe" he says. jaehyun snickers before letting him go.

"what was that for?" yuta glares at him. "and you scared jungwoo away"

jaehyun doesn't respond.

"also, my valentines treats were successful!" yuta brightly smiles at the other.

"oh, i was hoping you'd fail"

"too bad for you. wait at our spot during lunch!" yuta quickly says before going to class as the bell rings.

he doesn't miss out on the birthday wishes he hears after he leaves. someone born on valentines day, wow. that must be wonderful, yuta thinks.

🐩

he excitedly skips down the grounds, stops in his tracks when he sees jungwoo sitting out in the cold, closing his lunch alone. he frowned at the thought of the boy having lunch alone on valentines. he also looked quite pale.