༺❀༻

After the group photo was taken, Nahoya received a phone call from Mikey. He congratulated all of us who graduated and that there would be a celebration tomorrow night at the Karaoke bar near the ASD convenience store.

You sigh in relief after hearing this since you and your family have your own plans to celebrate tonight. Your relief was cut short when you saw a certain redhead approaching you.

"So Chifuyu, about that manga you lent me..." You tried to casually look busy talking to someone but it was painfully obvious you were avoiding Nahoya. Chifuyu raised an eyebrow at you who suddenly began talking to him, suspicious about your actions after almost kissing the same guy you're avoiding right now. But seeing the look on your face, he decided to let it go and not question you about it.

Meanwhile, Nahoya was dragged by his brother somewhere you won't be able to hear them talk. "What was that earlier? You didn't force yourself unto her did you?"

"What!? Course' not!"

"Then what happened?" Souya worriedly asked as he glanced at you.

Nahoya sighed and covered his nape while looking away "I figured she likes me so I wanna know if I'm right before making any moves. Don't wanna make her uncomfortable ya know"

"By kissin' her!?" Souya spat back.

"She won't fess up no matter what, so I tried—I wasn't gon' continue if she didn't wanna. I swear"

༺❀༻

Nahoya would sneak a glance at you from time to time. If you weren't talking to someone, you'd have this serious look on your face the entire time as if you were lost in your thoughts.

He tried to approach you once more but was interrupted when you two heard Ayumi, the class president, call everyone for the last picture together. Thus you, Souya, and Nahoya gathered somewhere near the front gates, where everyone in your class was gathering.

"Y/n! Where have you been! We were looking everywhere for you" Yuki asked you as she clung to your arm, then dragged you away from the twins to be with some of the girls in class.

"Oh, I was just...with them" you pointed to the twins who were currently talking to each other while the older twin fixed his uniform.

"Mmmnn, alone with Nahoya-san?" Sakura, one of your classmates, teased.

"Ye—No I was also with Souya and the other Toman members"

"Speaking of Nahoya-san, just look at that bitch Mizuki, she's on it again." Aoko pointed at Mizuki who was clinging to the redhead while pouting. "She seems more desperate now that today's our last day"

You blankly stared at the scene but quickly turned away when Nahoya caught you staring. The other girls saw the exchanged and asked you questions.

"Eh...who cares...if they get together or fuck around"

"But Y/n, weren't you two about to kiss earlier in front of the largest cherry blossom tree in our school?" Aoko asked which made you widen your eyes in surprise that someone in your class saw this and so you asked her if she saw everything. She replied that she didn't but Yuu, the guy Baji caught lingering nearby to take our group pic, saw everything and told her.

"Omg, are you guys official now?" Sakura asked.

"Why would you guys think that? He also kissed other girls in our class, did they get together? No" You reasoned out.

"Yeah but aren't you guys close to one another. That totally meant something"

"Huh...that probably meant nothing...Either way, it's not gonna work between us" you muttered, mentally reminding yourself again and again why.

Yuki grabbed your arm and worriedly asked "How can you say it's not gonna work if you haven't even tried it yet?"

You furrowed your brows at her and yanked your arm away "He's been playing around with many women, heck he'd been with some of you too. Logically speaking, do you guys seriously think someone can change overnight because of the power of love? Don't be naïve, old habits die hard you know" You gestured to Mizuki and Nahoya in the background without looking at them.

"He doesn't look like he's enjoying her company tho—"

"Doesn't matter. Even if he did try to get a girlfriend, the girl would just suffer cause he'll probably slip right back to his old habits since he's still young and immature" You didn't even let her finish speaking. At this point, some of the girls realized that rather than them, it's more like you're desperately convincing yourself that.

The frown that was evident on your lips, deepened, as your eyes remained dull. Your words were actually more directed to yourself rather than the others, in order not to get swayed anymore since you find yourself slipping and wanting to jump into a very uncertain relationship with him. He already figured it out, albeit a little late, but thankfully he hasn't said anything regarding his feelings thus this making it easier for you. The notion of being so in love with someone that you'd do reckless things is baffling but now that you've gotten a fleeting taste of his affections, you wanted more of it just for yourself and it scared you.

You avoided him in fear that just one word of affirmation that he feels the same way, whether it's genuine or fake, would get you begging on your knees to get together with him and that you would be ready to risk a lot despite being a cautious person.

The girls stopped pestering you about it anymore since you've been nothing but a buzzkill the entire time they asked you about Nahoya.

༺❀༻

And so the day ended with neither of you getting to talk about what happened, what you do know is that he's finally aware of your feelings and you felt like a huge burden was lifted off your shoulders.

You clenched your fist and reminded yourself that you're still gonna meet him tomorrow at the Karaoke bar. You sighed and laid down on your bed while staring at the ceiling for a few minutes.

Just when you were thinking about texting Emma, you abruptly received a message from her saying she wanted to go shopping with you before going to the Karaoke bar. A smile escaped your lips as you texted her back and asked her to have a chat with you in your favorite café after shopping.

Now that I think about it, I am no good at writing romance

Now that I think about it, I am no good at writing romance. I can't seem to write Nahoya being all sickly sweet and all that stuff without cringing tf out haha, it kinda seems out of character...but I try to make it so it doesn't look OOC. keyword: try

Most of the good fics I've read about Nahoya are...smut and him being a womanizing scumbag thus a certain image of him was built in my mind. I wanted to give him this sweet and innocent young love kinda story.

Anyways, sorry I told you guys there'd be a drawing for this chap. I lost motivation to draw and there's also school stuff I've been working on.

Also, for the people who have gotten this far in my fic, thank you! Please don't be a silent reader and consider voting for the chapters, it really helps me out. I already said it before but I appreciate well-constructed reviews and criticism but if you have nothing good to say then please don't bother, I've openly admitted I suck but I really am trying. This isn't my first story but I'm quite new to writing.