Chapter 49: Girl Talk

Start from the beginning

"I was in a terrible place (Y/n)." Mai admitted the truth she didn't want to say out loud. It made the entire ordeal all too real instead of a dream like she naively hoped it only was. She took a few bites of her toast and her eggs. Drinking it down with her iced coffee. Clearing her throat, "I was scouted by one of Dartz's henchmen named Valon. He was an understanding guy who was used just like Rafael and Alister, his other henchmen, were too. He was the one who convinced me to join Dartz's little plan to create his "paradise" which I didn't care about. I only was lured in because he told me he could make anything I wished come true . . . I thought that this was a once in a lifetime chance to take in order to bring you back . . . I foolishly believed and went and became a lackey . . . I never told him it was because of you specifically, just told him I lost someone and wish to bring them back to life . . . Dartz told me he could make it happen . . . I just needed to do his dirty work for it . . . I followed him blindly and in the process of the promised power to bring you back . . . I was starting to lose myself and my goal because of the stone of orichalcos and its powerful card . . ." Mai chuckles and shakes her head from thinking back on her own actions. Actions she thought were stupid. "I lost my soul to the foolish possibility . . . I only learned when I lost my soul, from Rafael, that you were someone Dartz knew and had awful plans for you, plans I couldn't stop even when I finally got myself back with Joey's help to bring me back to my sanity . . ." Mai smiled when she mentioned Joey. She thought back on their duel against one another. Joey was so tired from Valon's duel that he won and he lost the one against Mai. Mai was about to win but she just couldn't finish Joey off. Her heart and soul refused. Even though she didn't do it, the seal of orichalcos took his soul anyway. He was too tired to continue so the seal took that as an act of Joey giving up. Making the duel Mai's win and Joey's soul for the taking.

You took a sip of your iced coffee finally after eating your eggs and a single slice of your toast. Chugging a few gulps to refresh and make your food go down. You set your glass down on the coffee table. Smiling at Mai who was in her little daze from thinking about the dumb blonde teenager. Mai clears her throat and shakes her head to hopefully make her tinted red cheeks go away. "I already thanked and apologized to him. I went to everyone to apologize for my actions and the last person on my list was you." She smiled at you and set her plate on the table. Only halfway done, she wasn't finished but going to eat it after this. You set aside your plate as well when Mai took your hands "I heard the pharaoh's voice calling to us when we were stuck in that big ugly monster and when he told us to fight alongside you . . . I honestly thought at first that I was dead but . . . I then heard you crying . . . It woke my soul up and I went to help fight because I got the courage to continue to fight and live again . . . From you being back . . . Somehow in some way by some miracle . . . I saw you fighting with everyone and you were fighting in style with that beautiful dress like the badass you are." Mai laughs with her tears trying to come out of her purple eyes. You couldn't help but laugh a little yourself. Never thought of it that way when you were fighting. Too much was happening in that moment of the battle that you never gave it much of a thought in the first place. Mai looked down at your hands "I woke up in my body in the hospital after that fight and I wanted to come straight to you. Only problem was I didn't know where you were currently living. Your room at the hotel was taken since you were gone. I took your stuff with me to my apartment I am renting currently. I took your motorcycle after the tournament because it was too much of a beauty to let anyone else have. Anyways, getting off topic, I had to go around asking your friends where you were staying. I made sure to apologize to each of them before coming here . . . Especially to that dork Joey . . . They led me here and I am sorry for being a part of the whole mess of Dartz . . ." You lightly chuckle and hold her hands back with the smile you had on your face the entire time "I accept your apology but it was more important that you apologized to everyone else other than me. They were the ones who were hurt the most and I don't think they'll not forgive you. They are very kind and understanding people." You and Mai let go of one another's hands. Mai was smiling now and there was less tension on her shoulders because you understood her just like she hoped you would. Just like she expected that you would.