Hatred

VIVIANE'S POV

after I had finished talking, Harper just nodded and sat back against the wall.

I sighed also sitting back against the wall, before deciding to tell the other part of the story.

"After I left I went to rehab and got better, then I met my husband Luke who helped me feel better.. I married him then I got pregnant again" I said not sure on what her response would be.

Harped looked at me confused but then put a blank face on.

"You have a brother called Oliver he's five" I said smiling at the thought of such a sweet innocent child.

I was about to start talking again when she interrupted me. "So you basically had another family and decided you would just leave us in foster care when dad died?" She said bitterly.

"Harper you have to understand nobody told me your father died, I only found out when you and Sage ran away" I said my voice breaking

She didn't look at me again she didn't say anything she just sat there.

"Can I ask you a question?" I said hopeful

She nodded hesitantly, "who hurt you? I mean the marks on your arm" I said softly

She looked away tears threatening to spill, I decided to speak more quietly this time "is it somebody living in this house?"

She sat there with tears in her eyes, I could tell she was either to scared to speak or didn't want to cry in-front of me.

A few seconds later she nodded which made me feel sick. I could feel my anger filling up in my body. That's when I realised I couldn't look angry in-front of her I didn't want to scare her, a moment later I had calmed down, I was about to ask who when somebody knocked on the door.

"Yo retard lunch is ready" a boy said coming into the room not realising I was there.

He looked at me and his facial expression was priceless. "Just kidding...Come on Harper I'll walk you down" he said smiling and moving his blonde curly hair back out of his face.

Suddenly I felt Harpers small hand grip onto mine. Just knowing she was terrified hurt me more than most things in my life.

"I'll bring her down don't worry she'll be there soon" I said which made him look pissed before turning and leaving the room.

"I have to go but I promise I'll see you soon" I said smiling at her, she let go of my hand walking to the door, before turning around "bye" she whispered before leaving me alone in her room.

After I left the house I got back into the car finally letting all my emotions out, the first thing I did was call Luke.

"Hey Viv how was it?" He said when he answered the phone.

"It went alright.." I took a deep breathe trying to figure out what to do.

"You want them don't you" he said breaking the silence.

"I do.. but do you really want two more kids because I know I'm getting them back, if you don't want that then I think we should think more about this situation" I say bursting into tears but I knew I had to put my kids come first.

"Viv calm down I've said this before, I will stand with you no matter what, I love you and I already love them" he said making my heart flutter.

"I love you so much Luke, I'm going to call my lawyer and try and get temporary custody today.. I'm sorry it's short notice but would you be able to make up the guest rooms?" I reply starting to feel nervous.

SAGE'S POV

I don't know how long I've been here but all I knew is that I had failed Harper.

I was on my bunk bed minding my own business when my cell mate stormed in looking furious.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS MY WEED YOU PEICE OF SHIT" she yelled making me jump.

I sat up looking at her as if she was crazy "I don't know where your fucking weed is, chill out" I said trying to stay calm, I hate people who disrespect me.

Suddenly she grabbed me by my hair pulling me off the top bunk. I screamed in pain before punching her in the face to let me go.

And just like that we started having a fight. Before I knew it two guards and a woman who looked slightly familiar came in.

"Break it up!" One of the guards yelled grabbing her off me.

"YOU BITCH THE ONLY REASON YOU STOLE IT IS BECAUSE YOUR A FOSTER KID AND NO ONE LOVES YOU" she screamed at me making me fire back at her.

"FUCK OFF YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING, YOUR IN FUCKING JUVIE AND YOU STILL HAVE PARENTS" I screamed trying to lunge at her again.

The guard dragged me out of our cell leaving my cell mate in our cell. "why the fuck was I removed she started it!" I yelled at the guard who was dragging me out.

They pulled me into a interrogation room with a strange woman following behind I couldn't put my finger on it but I knew I had seen her before.

"Good luck" a guard said to the woman before leaving me alone with her.

"If your from fucking social services tell Jessica if anybody lays a hand on my sister that I will beat them shitless" I hiss at her before sitting down and putting my legs on the table.

I stared back at her as she was staring at me. "Sage.." she said softly but I could recognise her voice from anywhere.

My face went to fury as I stood up and grabbed the chair that I was sitting on and threw it at her, which she sadly dodged. 

"GET THE FUCK OUT! GET THE FUCK OUT!" I screamed my voice breaking in between yelling.

She looked at me but she didn't move or change her facial expression, she moved closer but I moved back.

"Sage please let me talk to you" she said trying to get closer but I kept moving backwards until I was against a wall. She was so close to me i could smell her vanilla perfume that was so familiar to me, but all that scent brought back was how she left us.. she left me.