seperated

SAGES POV

it had been a few days since we had ran-way, and we were low on money, i didn't know what to do, i was overwhelmed but i had to figure something out fast, we couldn't go back there.

"harps were going to leave LA and find a cheaper place to stay" i say packing our things up. "okay!" harper replies jumping off the bed and helping.

we got to the train station and i spent the last of our money on train tickets. "can i play on your ipod" harper says giving me the puppy eyes. "ugh fine! but dont use all the charge up" i say laughing while she grabs the ipod from my hand grinning. we both sit down waiting for the train to come.

"Finally the trains here! Lets go" I say picking up our bag and walking into the train. "Where do you want to sit?" I say turning around, but to my surprise  Harper wasn't there.

"Harper!?' I yell, i run towards the doors that had just shut to see harper looking up from where we were sat, she ran towards the doors but they had already locked  and the train was moving.

"HARPER" i scream. "LET ME OFF THIS TRAIN" i start banging the doors but the train starts to move faster, and then I couldn't see harper anymore.

HARPERS POV

"Sage?" I say looking up to see her on the train, i stand up but i was to late the doors had shut. I start to panic "SAGE!" I scream while seeing the train leave.

I sit back down pulling my legs to my chest and start to cry. I have to stay here and wait for Sage to come get me, i thought while trying to stop crying.

Just then a police officer tapped me on the shoulder. "We've been looking everywhere for you! Where's your sister?" He says holding onto my arm just in case i try and run for it.

As he reminded me that Sage was no longer there i burst into tears again. But i refused to speak to him. "Not a talker eh? Did your sister leave you here?" He said which made me furious, i looked at him with so much anger that when he looked at me again he looked surprised, which I'm guessing is because if looks could kill he would be dead.

The police man took me to the police station and put me in a waiting room, I'm guessing they were trying to find Sage before shipping us off to somewhere else.

I knew them stupid mirrors were two way so they could still see me so i got up and sat in the corner of the room and put my legs to my chest.

"I want Sage, I want sage" i whispered my brown hair covering my face while i cried.

SAGES POV

As i got off the train i headed towards the first police officer i saw, i knew the train station was full of Police officers where harper was. This was my best chance to get to her.

"Excuse me" i say to two police officers that were chatting. They looked at me and one of them raised an eyebrow. "You look familiar" the police women said.

"I'm a foster kid and I'm a runaway" i say looking at my shoes. "Ah! Your Sage, we have your sister at the police station." She says grabbing hold of me. "Lets go trouble" she says to me before saying goodbye to the other police officer.

The car ride to the police station was quiet the only thing splitting the silence was the radio. "We're here" the police woman says before opening my door and helping me out.

She leads me into a waiting room where i see my little sister in the corner of a room curled up in a ball asleep. "Harper!" voice breaks, harper looks up and jumps into my arms.

"I'm so so sorry i didn't hear you" she says in between sobs. Our reunion was cut short though by Jessica our social worker. I rolled my eyes when she entered the room.

"Right.. Sage as your sixteen and you didn't just run away but you kidnapped Harper by law I'm going to have to put you in Juvie." She says while sighing deeply.

"It may also give Harper a chance at a better foster home as your files aren't very attractive to foster parents." Jessica says looking up and giving me a smirk.

"NO! You're not taking her fuck off!" I hiss holding harper closer to my body. before i knew it two police officers grabbed me and pull us apart before Jessica pulled harper out of the room. "SAGE!!" Harper screams her voice breaking my heart.

"I LOVE YOU" I scream while falling on the floor and sobbing. "Now now Sage stop all the tears you get to see her once a month so stop being dramatic" Jessica says coming back into the room alone.

"Now this nice police officer will be transferring you to Juvie next week ill come visit you and see how your adjusting." She says without a single thread of emotion.

Time jump!

"Good luck"the police officer says dropping me off at my new "home" they take my backpack and clothes before giving me some scrubs to put on.

My heart hurt and i just wanted to die Harper needs me,  i sat on the bottom bunk of the cell alone trying not to think about her.

HARPERS POV

Jessica pulls me into her car locking it before going back inside to discuss something. When she returns she start the engine and we headed off to a new foster home.

This was going to be my first foster home without sage. Just thinking about her made me start to cry. "This family is lovely and you have a real chance with them now that Sage is not attached to you" Jessica says before turning on the radio, i close my eyes and start to drift off.

"Harper were here" she says which woke me up instantly a wave of anxiety flowing through me. We got out the car and headed to the front door.

Jessica knocks on the door and an elderly couple open the door. "Hello mr and mrs Brown this is Harper" she says before handing them a bag that only had one change of clothes in and left.

I was left alone with strangers.

"Come in come in" the woman says ushering me inside. "Now you have three foster siblings you will meet later" mr brown said, "Ill show you your room" the woman who I'm guessing is mrs brown says kindly. I nod and follow her upstairs into a plain white room. You could tell its a guest room but i didn't care because at least they weren't hurting me yet.

Posted 21-6-22

Will post as much as possible before I go on holiday:)