"I hope you're right." The titan obliged, throwing the unconscious boy far enough for the ghoul to be able to save.

"Damn you." Kaya spoke. She didn't have the time to give a lengthy threat to the enemy, Connie was in her squad. It did cross her mind that she could leave him to die, but she pushed that through away almost as quick as it was suggested. "I'll find you, and when I do, I'll be sure to return the favour." She muttered as she stood on two of her spikes, catching Connie with the third.

"Kaya, what the hell's going on?" Jean shouted.

"Where's Levi?" Kaya ignored the question. "He's alive isn't he? I heard that bearded shit say it." She continued. Hange paused for a moment before pointing in the direction of where they thought Levi was stationed. Kaya looked over at her squad, they were scared of her, she didn't really blame them though. She was towering above them on three spikes, her eyes were abnormal, her hair had been stained white and she was covered in titan blood. The ghoul looked a scary mess.

"I don't have time to explain things." She stated, using her spikes to travel towards the captain. But when she arrived, she saw him in quite the predicament. Mikasa had him pinned onto a rooftop, her sword rested against his neck.

"Get off of him!" Kaya ordered, she jumped to a new building, deactivating her kagune and diving onto Mikasa. The ghoul instantly managed to pin the ravenette, gaining a few questioning looks from her comrades on the rooftop.

"You're alive?" Levi said in disbelief.

"I made a promise didn't I?" The ghoul replied with a smile. She may have looked psychotic given her state but her intentions were clear. "I may not have the slightest clue what's going on here, but Erwin said it was your decision. You'll make the right call." She reassured.

Levi took her advice and opened the box, leaning towards Erwin, prepared to inject the contents. Mikasa screamed in protest, Kaya had to admit that she was stronger than expected but it didn't compare to her ghoulish strength. "Why are you being so difficult?" Kaya said, irritated by Mikasa's outburst.

"It's not fair! Armin should be the one!" Mikasa cried out.

"That's Armin?" Kaya turned to look at the burnt body near Erwin. "Shit." She spoke. In her heart, she wanted to save Armin too, but it wasn't her decision and it would be wrong for her to go against what she had told Levi.

"Listen Mikasa, there's people I wanna bring back too, hundreds at this point. Ever since I joined the scouts, everyday brought a new fair well. I know that's tough to accept, it's tough for me too. It's hard to stay sane living like that. It hurts, it really hurts. I know, but even so, all of us just have to push forward." Hange held Mikasa's hand as they hoped to calm her down.

The ravenette stoped resisting, letting her tears flow down her face freely. "Hange, is Moblit dead?" Kaya asked the section commander. Hange nodded their head. Kaya silently let a tear roll down her face, she'd grown quite close to Moblit ever since he found out her secret, they were friends. But now he was gone.

Levi hesitated, slowly moving towards Erwin until he was grabbed by Eren. "Captain, do you, know about the sea?" Eren croaked out. "It's like a lake but enormous. So big that it stretches past the horizon and it's full of salty water. Armin told me-" Eren stuttered before getting interrupted by Floch.

"Hey, stop making this harder." The redhead kicked him.

"He told me there's a sea behind the walls. He said that, we'd go there together. Thing is, that's been our dream since we were kids. Only I forgot it a long time ago. I wanna avenge my mom, I wanna plunger all the titans, the only thoughts left in my head are full of hate. Yeah, and Armin's lost as much as I have, but he just isn't like me. He cares about more than fighting." Eren pleaded in desperation.

"Everyone get out of here right now!" Levi ordered. "I don't want Erwin to eat one of you instead of Bertholdt."

"Right, cmon Mikasa." Hange kept ahold of Mikasa hand, helping her up from her shocked state.

"Shit, shit." Jean muttered, following Hange.

"Bye Armin, we'll miss you." Connie cried while carrying Sasha to safety.

Eren didn't have the chance to protest any further before Floch dragged him away on ODM gear. Kaya decided to stay, the titans had no interest in ghouls anyways, besides, she didn't want to deal with everyone's questions right away. Levi didn't take much notice to her presence, he was too busy dragging Bertholdt's body over to the centre of the roof.

"Good grief, their all the same. Whining like brats about this dream or next." Levi broke the silence.

"Seem's like you've taken Kenny's words to heart." Kaya stated.

"I thought you were dead. What the hell happened to you?" He finally faced her, looking at her manic state.

"I had the cart at my mercy, I thought I killed it. But I was wrong. As soon as I turned my back, she transformed and ate me." She recalled. "I thought I was done for, it took a bit of self loathing before I finally remembered why I didn't want to die in there."

"And why was that?" The captain asked.

"Because I'm stubborn and don't like to lose. Our promise also helped a little." She added, understanding why the sudden raise of questions. "You're stalling for time, right?" She accused.

"Huh?"

"You're struggling to make the decision so you're letting fate decide. That's not what Erwin wanted and you know it." Kaya explained. "I know it's difficult but you're just going to have to choose already. No one will blame you, it's your choice, not theirs."

Just then, Erwin's arm shot away from Levi, who was preparing to inject him with the serum. "Did he just?" Levi said in disbelief.

"Excuse me, but how can we be sure, that there aren't other humans, living somewhere far away from the walls?" Erwin asked, it was clear that he'd lost his mind, perhaps he thought he was dreaming. Levi sighed, realising what he had to do. Armin was the one needing to be revived.

With haste, Levi turned around and injected Armin, not having the time to explain the reasoning behind his actions. "Cmon, you ran out of gas, right?" Kaya asked as she held her hand out for Levi. Once again, a yellow flash entered their vision, Levi accepted her hand before the two could get caught up in Armin's transformation.

"Guys please! Help me!" Bertholdt screamed in agony, Armin's titan raising the body to his mouth. "Annie! Reiner!" The boy yelled, hoping to get the help of his comrades. His efforts were fruitless, Armin already had the shifter locked in his jaw, crushing and eating him without a thought in mind.

"I don't get it, Captain, why?" Floch asked.

"Do you think, you can forgive him someday? He became a devil because he had to. We were the ones who put him up to it. And in the end, when he'd finally been set free from this hell, we were about to bring him back for more. But I think it's time we let him rest." Levi answered while the squad watched Armin transform back. "Erwin I told you I would kill the beast titan, but that'll have to wait."

"He's already dead." Kaya exclaimed, not hearing Erwin's heart beat any longer.

"Oh." The captain lowered his gaze.

Authors note : sorry I kinda put Kaya out of the beast titan fight, but I thought that throughout the story she's been so nonchalant about dying so she had to get over that and realise her own worth. Also, Levi was going through too much to go into depths about Kaya's return, I'll add some moments for them next chapter.