Chapter 12

It was finally time, she was going to get rid of the female titan and hopefully uncover some secrets along the way. Or at least that's what Kaya would have liked to think, truth is, the fox of the underground was only going to play a minor part in Annie Leonhardt's downfall. A small feeling of dread washed over the amber eyed girl when she remembered her deal with Hange, she would explain everything to them once they had caught Leonhardt.

Firstly, Kaya wanted to make herself some ghoul tea to try and get her through the day and then made her way to the dining hall. There were very few people there, mainly just Eren's friends, Levi and Hange, but the ghoul could tolerate the majority of those people so she wasn't too bothered.

After the ghoul had brewed her tea, she sat down at the table and was instantly greeted by the others. "Good morning miss, are you joining us on the mission." Eren asked the ghoul.

"Course I am, you think I'd let that titan bring me down." She scoffed towards the shifter.

"Am I right in understanding that she tore away a quarter of your stomach?" The blonde boy asked, already knowing the answer.

"My injury was greatly exaggerated." She replied, glaring at Armin in the process.

"Enough with the small talk, we're leaving soon so get ready. Eren, don't do anything reckless, and Mikasa, don't do anything reckless trying to protect him." The captain ordered, sending sharp glances at each of the soldiers he commanded.

The ghoul chugged her tea and left to go to her room. Once inside, she quickly slipped on the suit she had stolen from Levi and the corset and shirt she borrowed from Sasha, feeling cool once again.

 Once inside, she quickly slipped on the suit she had stolen from Levi and the corset and shirt she borrowed from Sasha, feeling cool once again

"He's gonna kill me for stealing his clothes." The ghoul muttered, but not regretting it regardless. Kaya then glanced back to the hiding spot in the corner of her room and crouched down next to it, beginning to open up the flooring panel. When she had finally uncovered her stash of, illegal books, weapons, etc, she took out a few of her knives and a small pistol that she saved for special occasions, then hid them on her person.

The ghoul was happy and had felt a shred of achievement before she went to greet Levi at the carriage outside of headquarters. Gracefully, she stepped into the carriage and sat next to her captain while smirking at his reaction.

"Is that what I think it is?" Levi questioned.

"You're gonna have to elaborate on that captain." Kaya teased.

"That's my suit, isn't it? So what the hell are you doing wearing it?" The scout said, clearly angered with the thief.

"I'm just borrowing it without asking, it's all good. Besides, you told me to dress eloquently, and there was no way I was gonna wear a dress."