Chapter 30

Dust rose from the ground as the horses trampled the new landscape. Shiganshina used to be filled with houses and children playing in the streets, but now it was nothing but a wasteland. The scouts galloped with caution whilst arriving at the destination they had been aiming to achieve ever since it was lost, only now, real strides were being made by soldiers who were trained and determined to live.

"There could be titans everywhere, keep your guard up. This operation has officially begun, all troops switch to ODM gear!" Erwin announced, enabling the scouts to take to the skies.

Kaya watched as Levi stood onto his horse and took out his duel swords in a crossed motion. "Show-off." Kaya scoffed before mimicking his actions and following her squad above the wall.

Everyone wore hoods to mask their identities, that way, the enemy couldn't single out Eren until it was too late. Kaya landed onto the solid ground of wall Maria, observing Eren's shaking hands and hearing his quaking breaths.

"Don't stop, get to the outer gate." Levi ordered.

"Hey asshole." She grabbed the shifters attention. "Dont screw this up." Kaya added, Eren nodded and took off towards the gate.

"I know we're over due for some luck, but how have we not seen any titans yet?" Hange asked.

"I can't sense any titans nearby, something isn't right." The ghoul concluded.

"We still have to continue." Said Levi.

"Right, no cause to call it off." The section commander stated, firing green smoke to signal them to continue.

Just as planned, Eren flew into the air, biting down on his hand to trigger his transformation. Yellow sparks surrounded the ground he collided with, along with shards of crystal that creeped up the walls edge. So far, so good. Mikasa extracted Eren from his titan and brought him to the safety of the wall to receive their next orders.

"The enemy could strike any second, keep on the lookout." Hange demanded.

"Right."

"Is your ODM gear secure?" Mikasa asked Eren.

"It's fine. That said, I did manage to take off my cloak." Eren answered, Mikasa didn't think twice about taking her cloak and placing it over Eren's shoulders. "Thank you."

"How's it look?"

"Looks good over here."

"Yeah, here's good too."

"We pulled it off, huh. Eren, are you okay?" The section commander asked.

"Yeah, looks like all those experiments payed off." He replied.

"We shouldn't waste time then. Everyone head for the inner gate, and keep your faces hidden." They moved on to the next task at hand.

"Did I really seal that gate, seemed too easy." Eren wondered.

"You did it, I saw you. Try to have faith in your own strength." Mikasa reassured.

"We're not finished, you can plug up the gates all you want, they can just break them again later. Until we've killed Reiner and Bertholdt and whoever else may be with them, the operation to retake wall Maria isn't over." Levi stated.

"Besides, who knows how long this wars gonna last, it won't just disappear on the space of 4 months, regardless of how much land we retake." Kaya continued.

"Yeah, I'm well aware."

Suddenly, an acoustic shell fired from afar, the culprit was none other than Armin Arlert. "The hells going on up there?" Kaya asked.