Chapter 16

It had been 3 days since the scouts retrieved Eren from the armoured and colossal, and the ghoul never found the chance to talk to the higher ups about her situation. Most the higher ups were busy with their new discovery, the people in Raguko village turned into titans. Kaya was currently cleaning their new hidden base with her new squad, consisting of her, Eren, Jean, Mikasa, Armin, Connie, Sasha, and Historia. Most of them were bringing in supplies, it was only her and Eren who understood the importance of cleaning before Levi got there, Eren took the kitchen while Kaya took care of all the bedrooms.

Kaya heard the door open and walked towards the loud teens to greet the captain. "Hey can we focus here, we've gotta finish cleaning before the captain gets back." Eren urged his friends.

"What's all the commotion?" Levi said as he swooped his hand under the table to examine the dust. "I'm quite certain I gave you enough time. Never mind, we can discuss your utter failure at a later date. Eren, Hange is anxious to get the experiment underway."

"Yes sir." Eren quickly responded. After they received another order form Levi to get geared up, all the squad made their way to Hange's experimentation grounds.

Kaya, Levi and Hange stood on a cliff edge observing Eren's transformation while the other scouts kept lookout for intruders like mps or any other titan shifters. Kaya was taking notes of Eren's titan form until he suddenly roared and dropped to the floor head first.

"Eren, what's wrong Eren, get up! The future of humanity depends on you, damn it. Get up!" The scientist screamed at the unconscious shifter.

"Looks like he's unconscious, no need to shout." Kaya stated, after writing down what she needed.

"Third time and his forms changed again, he's not even ten metres tall, and some of his body lacks muscle. Plus Eren's scrawny ass is hanging out." Levi said, angering Hange who could already see what was going on. Shortly later, Mikasa jumped from her horse and rushed towards Eren. "Great, brats at it again, of to the rescue, she never learns does she?" The captain added.

"There's no response, we're done here." Hange commanded, using their gear to get closer to Eren. "Hot, think you can ease up on the steam a little?" The scientist said as they tried to pry Eren from the titan body.

"Hey be careful with him, can't you see he's bleeding?" Mikasa pleaded the titan maniac, however her comment was disregarded when everyone saw Eren's skeletal face get ripped from the flesh.

"Ahhhhh, do you see his face Moblit? Quick, we gotta get this." Hange screamed.

"Section commander, have you no compassion at all?" Moblit scolded. Mikasa took the opportunity to cut Eren from his body.

"Not the outcome we hoped for, we're still a long way from being able to use Eren's titan to seal the wall." Levi turned towards Armin.

"We've known all along it would be like grasping on proverbial straws." Armin said.

"The plans strategically sound, and simple in theory. All we need is to get Eren there, this could still work, but it's going to depend on him." The captain summed up.

Kaya however, was a little distracted, she couldn't shake the feeling they were being watched. It wasn't until she closed her eyes and listened as deeply as she could, that she could hear a light shuffle in the distance. "Levi, someone's watching us. About a mile from here." The ghoul alerted.

"Hm, you take Historia and Eren back to the house, I'm going with Hanges group, we're headed for Trost." Levi instructed the girls.

"Sir." Historia quietly answered, no emotion in her voice at all.