Chapter 33

The ghoul awoke to a foul stench. Where the hell was she, and what exactly was she doing? The ghoul thought. As she opened her eyes, she found herself inside a hot liquid that had steam raising from its body. That's when the events came flashing back into Kaya's head. She'd been eaten alive and right now, she was inside a titans stomach.

Hesitantly, Kaya tried to raise her arm, but grew frustrated when she found herself struggling to carry out basic commands. It felt as though some unknown force was holding her in place, demanding that she weren't to move. On the other hand, her desperation to get out of the liquid only grew, she felt as though she was being cooked alive but had no way of getting out of the situation.

"What?" She croaked in confusion as she tried to move her hand once again, her neck just managing to reach above the acidic fluid. "I can't die here. I promised I wouldn't die here." She began to plead to whatever god was forging her fate.

"Look, I can't do this. Everyone around me dies, that's just how it is."

"You forget, it's actually quite difficult to get rid of me. I promise, I won't leave you behind."

The words of the previous night eagerly repeated themselves in her head. She needed to get out of here, she made a promise.

.
.
.
Meanwhile...

Levi swirled around the beat titan, taunting yet decimating as he enacted his revenge, no, as he enacted the scouts revenge. The captain swore that he'd make the beast pay for killing his comrades, for killing his friend and commander. He wouldn't let him get out of this alive.

Turn after turn, Levi sliced the beast, tormenting it until it was finally time for the shifter to be revealed. "What's wrong not enjoying yourself anymore?" He asked the titan, after receiving no reply, he continued to provoke it. "Cmon, let's have some fun."

Levi dived down from above. His enemy couldn't fight back anymore, not without any of its limbs in tact. So Levi took the opportunity to land over the nape and deliver dozens of attacks. The two opponents shouted at the action, but the beast was the one in true pain. Swiftly, he uncovered the beasts identity by providing one final slice at the nape, taking a blonde man from the corpse and placing his blade inside his mouth.

"After transforming, if your body's severely damaged, it's too busy healing to let you resume your titan form. Isn't that right?" Levi asked, pushing the blade deeper into the blondes mouth. "Hey, I asked you a question, it's only polite to answer." Levi paused, thinking of his options and how to deal with the human form of the beast. Until suddenly, the ground began to shake around him.

Kaya felt it too, the environment around her started thrashing and moving uncontrollably, but there was nothing she could do. Levi was in danger because of her failure and now she was about to die. The world must have had a strong resentment in order to give her such a gruesome end.

Levi jumped out if the way, using his gear to land safely away from the cart titan. That's when he realised. Kaya was fighting the cart titan, if the carts alive then that must mean, Kaya was dead. His eyes widened at the assumption.

"Huh? Hey,where are you going? Stop." Levi said, knowing the enemy couldn't hear him. "Where is she? What did you do?" He asked another set of questions. "Hold on, she made a promise that she'd live. You promised!" Levi shouted in anger.

"Go now! Rip him to pieces." The ghoul heard an unknown voice shout from outside. "It hurts. They were right about you Levi. You are dangerous. But you must have used all your weapons up by now. You'll die like the rest of them. It may have been a hard one fight, but victory is ours."

Kaya's heart skipped a beat, Levi was in grave danger and there was nothing she could do to stop it. The liquid in the titan body stopped thrashing for a moment but soon began to bounce around again shortly later. The ghoul was confused she needed to get the hell out of there but she just couldn't move, what was holding her back. Suddenly, she managed to twitch a finger, it wasn't much, but it was a start.