Chapter 6

Like always, Kaya woke up to a pain in her side but this time was different, the ghoul was going to stop this rude way of waking her up once and for all. When the next kick hit her ribs, the amber eyed girl grabbed captain Levi's leg and dragged him down onto the roof. The captain was astounded that the ghoul had just stood up to him, however, he was glad he didn't have to keep kicking her at sunrise.

"Fancy seeing you here captain." Kaya teased, laying down next to the captain.

"Ha ha, very funny." He said sarcastically while sitting up and brushing the dust and dirt from the roof, off of him. "Courts today, you'll be sat next to the brats we saved yesterday."

"That's gonna be fun, how much do you wanna bet that I'm gonna have to restrain one of them."The ghoul joked.

"You don't have any money." The captain stated.

"I'm a thief remember, money isn't a problem." Kaya said while holding her hands up in defence.

"Just hurry up, and try not to steal anything." Levi suggested.

The ghoul stretched and she heard most of her bones crack, sleeping on the roof for two months wasn't great for her joints, however, she was a ghoul and she would get over it. The fox made her way through her window and put on her scouting uniform before heading to the dining hall to meet her squad. Once she entered the room, she could smell the sickly aroma of human food and decided that she didn't need to drink tea because of her recent meal.

"Newbie, do you want some?" Oluo asked.

"Nah, I ate yesterday." Kaya replied, she knew that the others would question her. But the best lies hold at least some of the truth, as a criminal in the underground, she knew how to lie.

"Really when, we were together the whole time." Petra said which sparked the captains interest. Her excuse had just been contradicted and she needed to think fast and calmly of her next move.

"In my room. I do eat, I just don't like doing it in front of people." Kaya lied. Unfortunately, the ghoul suspected the captain seen through her lies and would have to avoid making eye contact with him for now.

"You don't have to be shy around us, we're your squad." Petra replied.

"It's not exactly about being shy." She countered, which ended the topic. However, Kaya could still feel the captains gaze lingering on her and refused to meet it. "What times the meeting?" The ghoul asked him. "Am I the only one here going?"

"The meetings at noon, so it's a while away. The rest of the squad don't have clearance because they didn't witness the brat emerge out of that thing." Her captain replied while sipping his tea.

"Good, do I have permission to go on a walk?" She questioned.

"Where to?" Oluo asked.

"Dunno, just gonna stretch my legs a bit." The ghoul responded. In truth, she wanted to practice her kagune techniques, she hadn't used it in a while and had a bad feeling about the Yeager kid.

"Are you gonna sneak out if I say no?" The captain asked with a raised brow.

"Most likely." She smirked as the captain nodded his head. Within no time, she ran outside and went deep into the forest just outside the castle grounds. Once she was certain that no one was near her, she activated her ghoul eyes and a red glow shimmered in the sun rays. Next she decided to activate her kagune. She had three spikes sitting on her back and that were a dark colour, blood orange made itself visible though the darkness. The spikes at the tip of her kagune were bright orange and she had white veins littered throughout the rest of her ghoulish power.