Caras Galadhon | ch.23

────⋱♛⋰────

We sit in the silent forest, waiting for Aragorn and Haldir as they talk. I sit beside Frodo feeling the air of guilt vibrating aorund him. It makes my heart clench. I sigh heavily and lay a hand on his shoulder. "Mithrandir's fall was not in vain. Nor would he have you give up hope. You carry a heavy burden Frodo. Don't carry the weight of the dead" I smile down at him, and he sighs, leaning into my shape as I run my fingers through his raven hair.

I start to whisper about a lady who severed the seven seas. A lady who turned her back to her people to help and heal those who needed her more than her own. Suddenly Haldir stands before us, his face grave "very well. So here we will stay awhile and come to the city of Galadhirm on the morrow," I and Frodo nod. His eyes fall on me "come with me, my lady," he beckons, and I raise a brow but obey nonetheless. "I'll be right back, frodo," I say and stands up, following Haldir. He leads us to a shape of a plateau away from the rest of the fellowship.

"Forgive me, my lady, but I cannot quench this thought. Are you the one who fought at Erebor against Azog, the defiler?" He said, and I nodded, not believing it should be a secret though I didn't particularly appreciate talking about it "yes, I am," I answered, and Haldir nodded. "Thank you for not getting on bad terms with me," he said and slunk away. I signed and found the fellowship laying my bed mat beside Frodo's. I felt his curious eyes on me but decided I should pay them no mind.

Soon enough, as my head hit the bedding, I fell into the dreamlands filled with stars and streaks of my past.

The following day Tatsuo wakes up to see Sam and frodo sitting beside her. their gazes are on the forest, and their voices are soft. She then saw Sam's puzzled gaze, and the ancient dova prodded herself on her elbows, attracting their attention. "What is it, Sam?" she asks, and Sam looks at her and then back at the forest. "It's an odd thing, Ms. Tatsuo. It's sunlight and a bright day, right enough. I thought that Elves were all for the moon and stars. But this is more Elvish than anything I ever heard tell of. I feel like I was inside a song if you take my meaning." the lady nods and smiles. From behind them, Haldir speaks up, "You feel the power of the Lady of Galadhrim. Would it please you to climb with me up Cerin Amroth?" he then leads the 3 of them through a long series of platforms until they reach the pinnacle of the trees.

Tatsuo gazes over the land before her. In the north, she sees a shadow linger over the forest of Mirkwood. Thranduil, she thinks, and her face contorts in worry. "There lies the fastness of Southern Mirkwood. It is clad in a forest of dark fir, where the trees strive against another, and their branches rot and whither. Amid a stony height stands Dol Guldur, where the hidden Enemy had his dwelling long. We fear that now it is inhabited again and with power sevenfold. A black cloud often lies over it of late." Haldir explains to the hobbits and the lady of Dova. he then continues. Tatsuo turns her gaze to him. "In this high place, you may see the two powers that oppose one another, and they strive now in thought, but the light perceives the very heart of the darkness; its secret has not been discovered. Not yet."

The elf's words string something in Tatsuo, and she sighs. They all then leave the high place, following Haldir. soon as they come down, Tatsuo sees Aragorn standing a little away from them with a golden flower in his hands. she smiles and walks over to the heir of Isildur. "Arwen vanimelda, namárië." she hears him whisper, and as he hears her footsteps as a feather against water, he sighs and looks up, smiling at her. the lady of dova smiles back and takes the golden flower from his hands, caressing it. "Here is the heart of Elvendom on earth, and here my heart dwells ever unless there be a light beyond the dark roads that we still must tread, you and I," she says. Aragorn tilts his head and watches as the flower floats away with the wind that calls it home. "we shall find our homes, Aragorn, elven stone." she says and turns toward him again. "Do you believe we may yet succeed in our quest?" she nods and takes his hands in hers. "We shall endure to the last."

She smiles one last time before leaving the man of Gondor behind and walking over to the rest of the fellowship.

Haldir leads you and the others to a hilltop overlooking the kingdom of elvendom. Some miles away, a hill rises out of the woods crowned with mighty Mallcorn trees. A gleam nestled over it in the late afternoon, green, gold, and silver. Beyond the river, the land appears flat and empty, formless and vague; until far away, it rises again like a dark, dreary wall. The sun that lies on Lothlórien has no power to enlighten theshadows that lie beyond "Caras Galadon. The heart of Elvendom on earth. This is the city of Galadhrim where dwell the Lord Celeborn and of Galadriel, Lady of Light." Haldir says. He smiles fondly at the sight of his home. It reminds you of your home, just not that golden, though. dragorath was a realm of silver and dragon scales. But you had forests as tall dn wide as this one.

Clad in starlight they were—high trees with crows of green and gold, an actual forest of the dragonkin. Kin was long forgotten and left alone in the darkness of once a mighty realm. But in the books of old there, it says that the kingdom is still thriving, a domain meant to be hidden away from all mortal life. Only dragons and wizards know where it lies if it's even there. Only the lost queen knows her home. The way to the hidden realm is long and tricky, filled with traps for oblivious travelers. There was a time when dragorath was open for everyone; every creature could seek solitude and a place to rest. But after the dark lord, Morgoth, made dragons winged and unwinged, the realm of their origin fell into darkness and became nothing more than a whisper, a tale of a great empire that once was. 

Only one remain who remembers it—only one who can bring it all back. 

────⋱♛⋰────

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐒:𝑴𝑶𝑶𝑵 𝑺𝑪𝑨𝑳𝑬𝑺 | slow updatesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara