𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 8

CHAPTER EIGHT
BREE

♛ CHAPTER EIGHT ♛BREE

━♕━

THEY ALL ARRIVE AT THE BORDERS OF BREE, Frodo leading the group and the young shifter at the back. They wait a few seconds in the forest line until Frodo looks behind to see Tatsuo looking already at him. Her eyes tell the answer he needs to know, and he calls out, "Come on." Together the hobbits and Tatsuo walk to the gate of Bree. Frodo knocks at it, and one of the latches opens, and a surly gatekeeper glances down at them. "What do you want?" He doesn't see the lady standing behind them.

Frodo looks behind him at her for help, and she only says say to him we're heading for the inn. Frodo nods and says, "We are headed for the Prancing Pony." The old gatekeeper opens the door swinging his lantern towards them, and gives them an uncomfortable yellow spotlight. " Hobbits! Four Hobbits and a woman.
And what's more, out of the Shire by your talk. What    business brings you to Bree?" He asks, and the shifter grows weary, her fingers itching towards her sword.

"We wish to stay at the inn ... our business is our own," Frodo says, and Tatsuo sighs, not fully being calmed as the suspicious gaze of the man wanders over them. "All right, young sir, I meant no
offense." He steps away from the door while saying, "Tis Old Harry's job to ask questions after nightfall. There's talk of   strange folk abroad ... can't be too careful." He says and eyes Tatsuo as she walks by. Frodo leads them into the tall city of Bree. The people loom over the poor halflings while Tatsuo fits in at least.

"Come," she says and walks up to Frodo, who looks at her. He let her lead the way. Soon they entered the inn, and the shifter stepped aside, letting Frodo take the talking "Excuse me." He says, and an innkeeper leaned down over the wooden redemption. "Good evening, little masters. If you're seeking accommodation, we've got some nice, cozy Hobbit-sized rooms available. Mr...ah..." he says but trials off as he hadn't gotten Frodo's name yet. "Underhill ... my name's Underhill," Frodo answers quickly, and the innkeeper hums like he's head the game before x

Where have I heard that name before? He thinks, and Tatsuo grows .... Interested. But she shakes it off and takes the word for the first time inside this building "we're friends of Gandalf the Grey...Can you tell him we've arrived?"

THEY SAT IN SMALL WHISPERS talking back and forth about the news they'd gotten a few hours ago. A hand as soft and pale as the snow upon the mountain snaked acorase the wood and latched itself onto sam. "Sam. He'll be here. He'll come." The soft voice of their lone woman companion lulled the gardener's ears, and he looked up. First at his master Frodo then at the owner of the vote. They both gave him the same soft smiles of comfort.

The hand then disappeared, and it was silent once more as Merry came over from the bar with a pint in his hands. Tatsuo raised a brow but didn't say anything. Merry's younger friend pippin stared wide-eyed at his friend's liquor. "What's that?" He asks, awed and surprised Ed. "This, my friend, is a pint." Merry answers, and Tatsuo sighs heavingly. Hobbits and their drinks, her mind snorted. "t comes in pints? I'm getting one." She hears Pippin say before the screech of a chef and the call of Sam told her that he had rushed to the bar.

She shook her head and suddenly froze. A priming feeling of eyes boring into her mare, her ears twitch. Of Samwise's actions, it's apparent that he, too, noticed someone staring. "That fellow's done nothin' but starin' at us since we arrived." He whispers to Frodo, and Tatsuo lets her eyes wander toward where Sam looks. The man's thoughts are calm and welcoming, unlike the other people aorund here. Frodo Baggins, the ring bearer. And that must be the woman of shifters that Gandalf told me about. Tatsuo heard a thread of thoughts and immediately knew it was the man.

So he's a friend of the gray. She thought then maybe a friend of mine as well.

Maybe...