𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 10

CHAPTER TEN
ATTACK OF THE WRAITHS

♛ CHAPTER TEN ♛ATTACK OF THE WRAITHS

The group arrived at Amon Sûl tired after the long journey. However, both Strider and Tatsuo are standing. Strider drops then four small swords at the halflings' feet. "These are for you. Keep them close. I'm going to have a look around. Stay here." he says and walks to Tatsuo, whos already scanning the landscape around. "want to follow me?" Strider asks, looking at her before walking off, allowing her to choose. Tastuo sighs, looking back at the hobbits and then to where Strider is walking. She thinks they're safe and trudges on after Strider, who smiles as her presence comes up to him. They're silent for a while as they walk around in the forest, looking for any danger. "so," Strider glances at the mysterious woman crouching down by a patch of lilies. "why are you so far from your home? In Erebor?" he finishes. Tatsuo is silent a minute before plucking a Lilly and stroking it.

"I have a bond with the hobbits—Baggins specificity. I felt the tug of an adventure, and I couldn't say no. my friend Smaug is in any way on a hunting spree taking food for the winter months. We've lived together after the fall of Azog." she pauses, looking over at Strider, who seems to listen to her like a child to its mother. "a moth called to me telling me that the great unexpected party of my friend bilbo was starting. I didn't want to miss that, you know. And that's how I ended up with his nephew. I helped them escape from the nine. There's nothing more that drives me than simple good deeds. I want to help them destroy the ring of Sauron. I have seen nothing good for it, only death" the dragon lady then stays silent as her teardrop scales that Strider overlooked before comes into view, glinting in the full moon.

A sudden wind swept in cold and unfriendly. tastuo growls her body, turning away from the man of the wild "they're in danger, strider," she hisses and sweeps away as if being born by the wind. Strider is still a moment before understanding her words and takes off after her.

The hobbits are in the center of the ring, waiting for the first assault... one by one, the five ringwraiths appear, brandishing their gleaming swords. They move slowly towards the halflings. In the center is their leader, The Witch-king. "Back, you devils!" sam snaps bravely, but his patterns to appear tough are futile, and the witch king lashes out with his fist, sending the poor gardener flying. The two others, Merry and Pippin, are overcome by fear and throw themselves on the ground. Now it's just the wraiths and frodo. A venomous whisper dances in Frodo's head, but he backs away, resting it to the best of his abilities. Against his will, his hands go into his pocket and pull out the ring. The 5 Nazgul utter a chilling screech of excitement. Frodo can not resist, falls to his knees, and slips on the ring. He disappears.

"No!" sam yells from his spot on the ground. In the ring's world, frodo looks upon the ringwraiths, now visible in their actual appearance: five ghouls dressed in long grey robbed, white hair, and pallid ruthless faces. The witch-king extends a haggard hand towards frodo, reaching for the ring on his finger. Frodo's trembling hand rises forward, as if by the pull of the ring... he slides to the ground, unable to pull his hand away. The witch-king snarls and springs forward. He stabs at frodo with a wicked dagger! Frodo winces as the tip of the dagger sinks into his shoulder. Suddenly a white shape appears with a burning mouth, and Strider appears. Together the two of them fight the five.

Frodo sinks to the ground. Behind him is a faint image of ringwraiths fleeing, his head engulfed in flames. With draining strength, fleeing manages to pull the ring off his finger and appears in teh real world. sam rushes over to him. "Frodo!" he calls, horrified.

Tatsuo kneels before frodo as he groans in pain. Strider comes up behind her, sam calling out to him to help frodo. the shifter turns to look at Strider as he inspects the long, thin blade. "He's been stabbed by a Morgul blade." Tatsuo hisses, and as she says it, the edge smolders up, vanishing into thin air. "Do something. " sam calls out to the two, and the man of the wild looks at the shifter for help. She sighs and moves some of Frodo's shirt, revealing a nasty-looking wound. She snarls. "I can't do much; the rest of the medicine he needs is elvish," she says and presses a hand down on the wound. The dark magic calls out to her like a cry for help, which goes to Frodo's soul. She closes her eyes, whispering ancient words of healing from her people. But, unfortunately, in the end, that's all she can do in this form. "take him, Strider," she says, standing up, and Strider walks over to her, taking up the suffering hobbit.

"We are six days from Rivendell," sam calls out as they run. None answers him. Meanwhile, frodo calls out in pain to Gandalf, the only person he knows can heal him except Tatsuo. As she runs, Tatsuo gets a vision of the tower of Orthanc gleaming in the moonlight. the once beautiful gardens are now a pitted wasteland with smoke and fire billowing out ofnumerous tunnels and vent holes that littler the forecourt ofOrthanc. Strange guttural chants echo up from deep underground. 

Suddenly a tiny moth flies towards the tower. Gandalf slumped against the wall at the top of Orthanc,surrounded by a sheer 5oo foot drop. the grey wizard looks weak. Tatsuo sees that he is seemingly asleep. Suddenly, his hand moves at lightning speed, snatches the small moth, brings his hand close to his face, and opens it.The moth sits on the palm of his hand as Gandalf mutters strangely. The small incent seems like it's listing but suddenly flutters away.The vision turns to a fiery red tunnel. Then again, it shifts. This time a tree fed into roaring furnaces molten metal pours into casts red hot metal, beaten by sweating orc blacksmiths. Armor and weapons are

forged from the great furnaces. Then Saruman strides among the orcs and stands looking at a newborn Uruk-hai as it escapes its birthing membrane. This is Lurtz, who rises to stand before his master. 

And the vision fads into black.