He cannot corrupt me |𝐜𝐡. 14

─────⋰ ♛⋱────

I find myself in teh same room as the shards of Narsil, lost and confused. Then I saw Aragorn holding the hilt of the once-mighty sword. He had it with such care, like it was a newborn baby he was afraid to hurt. I stepped up behind him; my voice was soft and calm as a flowing river beneath the trees. "Why do you fear the past? You are Isildur's heir, not Isildur himself. So you are not bound to his fate." how could I question this when I do not know the man, you may ask. Well, I do know him. not personally, but his soul tells his life, his choices, and why better than simple concertation could. "The same blood flows in my veins ... the same weakness..." he says after a long pause. I sigh and walk up beside him, this time placing a hand on his shoulder, making him look at me. "Your time will come. You will face the same evil. And you will defeat it." I say. I smile and whisper the following words in elvish, soft, and heavy, "A si i-Dhúath ú-orthor, Aragorn. Ú or le a ú or nin. (The shadow does not hold sway yet ... Not over you and not over me.) " I then fade away with my touch lingering on the shoulders of Aragorn.

My words are hanging in the air like a gentle reminder of what he is and were. I find myself in the ever glowing garden of Rivendell, quiet and full of magic. My words to Aragorn still ring in my mind. My words had meaning for me too. I had nothing to fear of my origin. Only what may die and crumble if I do so? I am the last dvovakin.

I go to my closet, picking out a soft, simple eleven dress that arwen undomiel gave to me the first time I entered here. I may not have been here physical, but my spirit was, and I could see the beauty of the elves. How arwen had been able to see me in such a form was beyond my wisdom of the ways of the elves and other beings.

"Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky, Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone, Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die, One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne in the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie. One Ring to rule them all. OneRing to find them, One Ring to bring them all together and in the Darkness bind them, In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie." I sigh as the words ring in my mind—the doom of middle earth and its prophecy. I see frodo look upon the golden Ring in his hand. My eyes darkened at the thought of the weapons of the dark lord and how he used them to destroy the once green and beautiful of this world. Elrond then speaks up, addressing us in teh council. "Strangers from distant lands ... friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle-Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite ... or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate ... this one doom..." I sit beside frodo and Gandalf.

My dress of elven soft against my skin and the Circlet of gold upon my brow. It was simple yet precious as it belonged to my mother all those years ago. Elrond gave it to me just before the council members attended, telling me that my mother wanted me to have it before she died. So many things were left unsaid after the first queen of dragorath. So many things are forgotten, like food that has been too old to eat. or the decay of an ancient forest. I've never met my mother or not personally. The only parent I had was my father. And didn't see much of him either.

Anyway, back to the thing ahead. I focused my ears and eyes upon the elven lord of Rivendell as he talked to the council. "Bring forth the Ring, Frodo," he says, and the young hobbit beside me stands, walking forward to the pinnacle in the middle of us all. I clench my jaw as the Ring calls out to me, whispering the good that Sauron would promise me but never hold. The things he would give me if I joined him and stayed by his side. He knew I was even more potent than any elves, well, except Galadriel. he feared I had heard. frodo then comes back-breaking me from my thoughts, and the voice of Sauron ceases. "So it is true!" I hear a familiar voice cry, and I whip my cobalt eyes to Boromir.

I narrow my eyes at the man of Gondor, one of the men and people who so easily gets corrupted by the one Ring. "Sauron's Ring! The Ring of Power!" I hear an elf cry, I whip my head around again to see Legolas Thranduil's son. I smile upon seeing yet another familiar face. It was a long since the elf prince and I had encountered him, and I had missed him. I then turn back to Boromir as my ears pick up movement. I hiss internally as he walks towards the Ring in slow short strides. "In a dream, I saw the eastern sky grow dark, but a pale light lingered in the West. A voice was crying: "Your doom is near at hand. Isildur's Bane is found." " he mumbles loud enough for us all to hear. I see Gandalf and Elrond share worried glances. I sigh, knowing what I must do. "Isildur's Bane," Boromir whispers and reaches towards the Ring. Elrond stand, and so do Gandalf and me. "Boromir!" before I can even do anything, Gandalf talks in the black speech; I sit down in pain.

Elrond and legoals have the same reaction as the other elves in teh council. I groan and put my head in my hand as the words of the dark lord grow within my mind "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul. ( One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them.) " I growl as the pain ceases, and Gandalf sits down, the dark cloud loomed over him dissipating. "Never before has any voice uttered the words of that tongue here in Imladris." I glance at Gandalf, who meets my eyes in a quick moment before looking sternly at Boromir as he talks, "I do not ask your pardon, Master Elrond, for the Black Speech of Mordor may yet be heard in every corner of the West! The Ring is altogether evil." the man of Gondor won't have it and stands again addressing us all. "It is a gift ... a gift to the foes of Mordor! Why not use this Ring? So long as my father, the Steward of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordor at bay ... by the blood of our people are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy ... let us use it against him!" I snort.

"You cannot wield it. None of us can. The One Ring answers to Sauron alone ... it has no other master." Aragorn says, seeming to share my distrust of the men. I look at him, and he nods as our eyes meet in a feeling moment. "he's right, Boromir," I say, and Boromir looks hard at us both. "And what would a Ranger know of this matter? or a woman from ancient lands?" I scoff, crossing my arms. legoals suddenly stands and speaks in my and Aragorn's defense. "This is no mere Ranger. He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance. and Tatsuo is no mere woman. She is the shifter of Erebor. The one who saved men before killing the pale orc" Boromir looks at me wide-eyed. I return his eyes with a tilt of my head. Did you not know? In the chamber of narsil, you said so yourself. You said that you knew who I was. This was the one who killed the defiler. Why did you lie? Boromir seems started by my voice in his mind but turns his focus to Aragorn.

"Aragorn? This is Isildur's heir?"Aragorn nods subtly as a sign of accordingly. "And heir to the throne of Gondor." Legolas put in harshly. the man of Gondor sighs and says stubbornly and coldly, "Gondor has no king." he then glances at me, then back at the heir of the high king, and sits down as Gandalf speaks up, "Aragorn is right ... we cannot use it." I sigh and say the obvious thing "we have only one choice ... the Ring must be destroyed."