𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 9

CHAPTER NINE
HEIR OF THE HIGHEST

♛ CHAPTER NINE ♛HEIR OF THE HIGHEST

ISULDUR's HEIR... She thought and glanced at the man. One of the innkeepers had said his name aorund here was Strider. Tatsuo had told Legolas that day they parted ways that he should find Strider. It seems like he hasn't yet. I saw him, though, and that's enough. She thought. Suddenly she heard a harsh voice whisper Frodo's name. Sauron! He snaps out of it and rushes to the base where Pippin is sitting. Tatsuo turns her head, watching as it all plays out. Frodo slips on the wet floor; the Ring flies through the air, but when he grabs it, it accidentally slips onto his finger, and Frodo disappears. He is in a whirling world of fire and darkness, and suddenly the eye of Sauron appears. Tatsuo groans as a vision hit her. The Nazgûl are seen as they suddenly hear the call of the Ring. then the voice of Sauron enters her mind as she considers frodo staring at the flaming eye. "You cannot hide! I see you! There is no life in the void...only death..." he hisses, and then Frodo suddenly disappears, and the fiery eye looks at Tatsuo. 

"join me! And we will rule this earth!" the shifter growls, baring her teeth, and claws appear on her fingers. "no, I will never join you, dark lord!" she spits and Sauron snarls, casting her out of the vision and back to the world, around her. she groans as a splitting headache comes over her. Sam is by her side, and she suddenly looks up, feeling the scent of Strider. she smiles faintly and stands, laying a hand on Gardner's shoulder as he looks up at the taller woman "come," she says and leads the three hobbits to the stairs. While they have weapons of some sort in their hands, Tatsuo has nothing. She smiles fondly at the halflings and opens the door only to be met with a sword under her chin. The tip of the blade is cold, and she shivers slightly. sam then steps up beside her, his fists raised, and then Pippin and merry. " Let him go! Or I'll have you, Longshanks!" he growls. 

Strider raises an amused brow at the woman before him but doesn't draw his sword away. "You have a stout heart, little hobbit, but that will not save you. You are no longer with the wizard Frodo. They're coming." he says to Frodo. Another vision hits Tatsuo, and she falls to her knees. The Nazgûl enter Bree, running down the gate. They walk into the Prancing Pony and then into the hobbits' bedroom. Standing beside each bed, they stab at the same time. When feathers start flying from the beds, they understand that they have been tricked. Their screeches are heard from the streets. Suddenly the vision disappears, and by Frodo's voice, Tatsuo wakes- "What are they?" she grounds, tracking the attention of the hobbits "ms. Tatsuo?" sam asks and offers her a hand. She smiles and takes it, propping herself up on her elbows. "I fainted, didn't I?" she asks and looks at teh hobbits one by one. 

They all nod. and she sighs. "I need to get these visions under control," she mutters and shakes her head. a shadow then suddenly looms over her, and she meets grey eyes. "Strider," she says and bows her head in respect. The heir of Isildur is surprised but crouches down to be at her eye level- "who are you"? he asks gently but firmly. Status chuckles and smiles "my name, there are not many who know, heir of the high king" her words shock-Strider, and he stares at her as she meets his eyes. Cobalt orbs glint as if they're hiding something inside. "my name is Tatsuo, and I am these young hobbits' friend and protector," she says, dipping her head. Is Strider surprised as the name calls memories of recognizing. "you're the shifter woman? The one who drew away from the dragon of Erebor," he breaths, and she chuckles. 

"yes, I am. However, drawing away from the dragon, I didn't. I told him the truth of what would come of brooding over a dwarven treasure. He listed," she said, looking up and seeing the hobbits as if they listened to her tale. She sighed, laying back in bed. "we're safe here for tonight," Tatsuo says, and Frodo walks over to her as she welcomes him warmly. "shall I sing a lullaby, little halflings?" she asks, and the four hobbits nods. she sighs and closes her eyes, stroking Frodo's curls. "Hush now, my baby, the daylight is done,

Your scales catching moonlight instead of the sun,
So lay down your head till the dawn comes anew,
For here there be dragons to watch over you.

Dream now, my baby, of life in the clouds,
Your head held so high, and your wings spread so proudly,
For I know a secret I promise is true,
Here there be dragons, and one of them's you.

Twelve years, I Grant, was a long time to wait,
But I knew you'd get here; I knew it was fate,
But sometimes a dragon takes longer to birth,
Because to create them, it takes the whole earth.

Within you, the fires of Africa glow,
The East Asian winds, Scandinavian snow,
The mountains, the forests, the rivers, the skies,
The whole of creation is there in your eyes.

Hush now, my baby, and dream how you will,
You have your whole life for your dreams to fulfill,
And don't be afraid of the things you dream of,
For here there be dragons, below and above,
You're a dragon; you're life...
You're a dragon; you're love."

The following day Strider leads the group into the wild. And while they go, Tatsuo hears Merry talk to frodo about this Strider. The shifter might not know Strider fully, but she knows somehow that she can trust him. after all, she told Legolas to find him, so she has to trust him enough to send her elven friend looking for the man. She and Strider hadn't said a word to each other the whole time they walked, and Tatsuo was fine. "But where is he leading us?" she heard sam ask, and Strider called over his shoulder, "To Rivendell Master Gamgee, The House of Elrond." she smiled. She didn't see Elrond so much in her travels before the third age when she had gone off to hibernation. But she had heard about him and his hospitality. she shook her head a little before suddenly shifting into a giant eagle. 

The giant eagle shook her feathery head, let out a cry, and took to the air cringing the group. Strider and the hobbits watched as she led them through the wild with wide eyes. Through small forests, marshes, and plains. Soon they reach the great watchtower of Amon Sûl. Tatsuo land being her human again. "This was the great watchtower of Amon Sûl. We shall rest here tonight," Strider says, walking past her and glancing at her with a small smile as the hobbits go up to her and they follow the man of the wild. 

Little do they know this night will be far from easy and unwanted things will happen.