Soul Siblings (13)

˚ ☁︎ ˚

~Y/n POV~

Ever since Draco's outburst in the Great Hall those many moons ago, if possible, the ferret and I had grown even closer. Not clingy, we just always made time for each other no matter how busy the other had been.

The Gryffindors had apologised to me, on many occasions despite me forgiving them the first time. Regardless, our once-to-be-thought-unbreakable bond had indeed been broken and there will always be a dent in our friendship. No matter how many times they apologised, no matter how many times I forgave them, they still see me for what I had always feared they'd one day see me as... a Slytherin.

No, not a true Slytherin. Not our ambition to succeed in any task we face: not our resourcefulness and our ability to make the best of what we have got. Not our determination to always achieve the best or our cleverness, and not just book smart but street smart too. None of that. No, they see me as a filthy, muggle-born hating, cult worshipping, wizard slaying, pureblooded Slytherin. Someone who should be locked in the deepest cell in Azkaban to be tormented by Dementors until my soul gets sucked out of me.

Deep down I knew we'd never be the same, not because of me... but because they will always regard themselves as the hero's in our tale. The saviours of our species when the going got tough. But I helped. Me. Wasn't I a hero in this story too? Will I be recognised for my contribution to the team's effort of vanquishing evil from our world? Will someone tell my parents' story? The story of their noble sacrifice to save their only child? Only time would tell...

Despite these many unanswered questions that seemed to bubble up, I had other things to focus on. The end of December was drawing near and I needed a pick-me-up after the last national holiday did not go as planned...

There was a werewolf incident in the forbidden forest. In fright, the centaurs stormed the Castle to hide from the infamous beast of the night. Unfortunately, that night was Halloween night. The mouthwatering and long-awaited feast was cancelled and all students were forced to their common rooms at once. Although it did turn into a rather pleasant night as Draco and I spent the night telling ghost stories, eating our body weight in sweets and I even convinced the stubborn Slytherin to watch a Halloween movie... perhaps should've gone for a less realistic movie than The Shining...

Anyways I had many things to attend to over today and the weekend. Friday is when we hand in our plants and complete our first assignment in our Life Management and Skills class. My heart ached knowing I had to depart from Piss my plant baby, but all good things must come to an end eventually.

Saturday was the first quidditch match for the season and it was the Ravens versus the Snakes! Draco had been practising nonstop over the past month, whether it be sun or snow, the ferret's determination for success could never be prevented by anything.

And finally Sunday I planned to go into Hogsmeade with Luna to look for some Christmas gifts from my friends and most importantly, the Malfoys. Speaking of which, I was to stay with them for Christmas seeing as one; I had nowhere else to go other than an empty manor, and two; they were my future family anyways so I had to meet them eventually.

Speaking of them, I had met Lucius Malfoy before through my father, he was rather intimidating and mean. His glare could end a baby's giggle in a heartbeat. Luckily for me, he's in Azkaban, so he won't be able to reject the marriage nor would he be able to look down on me the way he used to. His wife, however, was a rather different story. I've only heard whispers about the famous Mrs Malfoy through my parents and their ministry companions. From what I have gathered, Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy were different sides of the same coin. While Lucius always held this proud and ruthless façade, Narcissa was said to be kind and warm, welcoming to the eye. If she was half the woman Draco had said she was, it would be a delight to meet her I'm sure.