Drunk confessions (8)

~Third Person~

The emerald green living space sat desolate in the late afternoon... Almost desolate at least. The roaring fire spat waves of heat into the once chilly room. There, sat a girl. Her soft h/c hair fell down the sides of her face, perfectly framing her beautiful features. Draped over her body sat an oversized f/b shirt with some shorts. Currently, the girl was reading, utterly oblivious to the drunken blond who was stumbling his way towards her.

~Y/n POV~

Once again, I was sitting contently on the leather black sofa, my nose stuck in a book. The calming peaceful atmosphere creates a bubble of tranquillity that only the sharpest of needles could pop. Of course, one of those needles had to stumble in...

"Hheyy! If it isn' my fAvourite girl in the whoooole world..." he smiled brightly at me while falling into the seat next to me, his usual prideful and stern self finally at rest, all that remains is Draco's fluffy, golden retriever side, (that he will never admit he has).

A giggle escapes my mouth because of the childish man. His grey eyes twinkled with happiness while staring lovingly into mine. "Hello, Draco ." Before he could respond, I grabbed the boy's hand, yanking him to his feet, "c'mon, I'm taking you to bed."

Mush to my dismay, the Slytherin Seeker protested, making me grumble under my breath in annoyance. After long last, he finally settled into bed. I grabbed the book I had brought up from the living room and began to take my leave, that was until a quiet, raspy voice called out to me. "Y/n" mumbled Draco, "stayyy... please"

I signed, giving in to the drunken, sleepy blond that lay restless underneath the covers. Slowly, I made my way over to him and slid under the silk sheets that snaked over my curves. Without hesitation, the dazed Malfoy wrapped his arms around my waist, his face pressing into my stomach while I sat up against the headboard. My fingers tangle into his fluffy platinum locks as I run my fingers slowly through his hair. Draco hums constantly at the soothing notion.

Simultaneously, we both smile, falling in love with this moment. We dared to savour this feeling, the feeling of safety after a year of war, a feeling of trust after a year of betrayal, a feeling of fondness after a time when love seemed impossible.

"You know..." he whispers, his warm breath tickling my belly through my thin t-shirt, "... I can't believe I finally have you... But now that I do, I don't know if I deserve you" his words came out slurred, luckily I was able to understand them. My pounding heart felt tight against my chest. Butterflies quickly filled my stomach making my cheeks burn pink.

"Of course, you deserve me, love. You deserve so much more, so much I wish I could give you." Throughout this moment, my cheeks never stopped feeling like they were burning hotter than the sun. Knowing how drunk the Malfoy was, it's safe to assume that he would never remember this conversation.

Because of his obvious vulnerability, I chose to comfort him... that is the only reason why I'm saying these things... to comfort him...

right?

"Thank you... you are perfect, you know that?" Like before, a giggle left my mouth at the drunken Malfoy's antics, "promise me something?" I hummed, still stroking his gorgeous hair, "never leave me, also plEASE take me to Rome!" I chuckled lightly at the boy below me.

Our eyes locked, his stormcloud-coloured eyes demanding that mine never leave his. "Anything" I breathe out.

Just after muttering, "why are you so beautiful?", the blond passes out. His broad, pale body blanketed mine, while his adorable face snuggled in close to my stomach. Draco held me so tight as if he'd die if he ever let go. Presumably, he will not remember a thing when he wakes tomorrow...

.....

~Blaise POV~

An hour has passed since Draco left after a night of drinking with myself and Theo. In a rush to leave, the idiot left his leather jacket behind. I am sorry I said what I did... But I'm very concerned about him.

Y/n's a lovely girl but with what happened during the war, with what happened between the two families, there is no way she could not blame him...

right?

Honestly, I've never truly trusted the girl. Despite her being in Slytherin and a pureblood, she never sat right with me. There isn't a rhyme or reason to why I don't, it just worked out that way...

"I'm just worried for you mate" was the last thing I said to the blond before he left in a huff of rage. What if she does blame him? I haven't seen the two together much as I've been getting to know Luna. On the other hand, Luna seems to think they work well together. I pray to Merlin that she's right.

Draco has been so lost over the last year or so. Right now, all he needs is a little love in his life. He needs true affection that goes deeper than a simple physical attraction. He needs pure passion, he needs true tenderness, he needs to be cared for as though no one has ever cared for the boy in his life. He needs to be fixed.

The question is, can two broken souls, haunted by the ghosts of war, scared be the horrors and atrocities their fate caused, fix each other without breaking along the journey?

Once I reach their room, I push open the door to find it... empty. I called out for Draco, but not too loud in case anyone was sound asleep. I decide to go into the bedroom and look for him. I tiptoe up the spiral steps, careful not to make a noise out of respect. With a gentle push from my hand, the hefty wooden door slowly opens. The hinges cry out causing me to cringe. My eyes scan the room to see, them...

Draco and Y/n, holding each other so close one might fear they'd become one whole person. Not a soul had to look twice to notice the way they held each other was passionate, affectionate and caring...

everything Draco needs...

A bright smile shines on my face while I look at the two who were in a deep slumber. I carefully close the door behind me. My mind begins to wonder that maybe they aren't two broken souls who needed to be pieced together, but perhaps two pieces of the same unfinished puzzle.

Maybe, just maybe... I was wrong about her.