Alien Feelings (11)

˚ ☁︎ ˚

~Third Person~

It was the morning after. The sun's beams wiggled through the window and fell to the floor. Serenity. As quiet as dreaming trees. However, if you would strain your ears, you would be able to catch the sound of soft snores from the sleeping Slytherins. The pair slept peacefully. The male's arms clung around the female's waist, and the female's fingers are found tangled in the male's platinum hair. Their legs are tangled like roots buried deep in the ground. One begins to stir, in an instant, her e/c eyes are blinded by the sun's light.

~Y/n POV~

My eyes open to be faced with the welcoming warmth of the early October sun. These are the last few days of warmth before the harsh Scottish winter truly sets in.

Sleep weighed down my eyelids as my squinted eyes glance down to find a sleeping Draco whose arms are clutching my waist. Amused, I wiggled and attempted to turn out of his grasp, minutes later I find myself stuck in his arms.

In a huff, my sight landed on Draco's wand atop the bedside table. My eyes glimmered
with the idea. With all the strength I could muster, my hand stretched for his wand. After numerous failed attempts the tips of my fingers grazed his wand, finally grasping the stick. Not a moment is wasted before I magicked myself from his deathly grasp.

Absentmindedly, my feet dragged along the cold surface of our wooden bedroom floor. Under my weight the floorboards cried out, making me wordlessly curse at the noise.

Continuing on, I find myself before Draco and I's baby plant. Piss, the lonely little daffodil that sat centrally on our coffee table. After giving Piss some water, I decided to move her to the kitchen window, so she can get some sunlight.

"Here you go" once more, I found myself talking to the delicate life in a pot. It's curious, that one could find such enjoyment in talking to something or someone without a reason as to why they are saying the things they are saying, it's just a way to lift some weight off their backs.

"How have you been, Piss?" Silence. "Cool." I giggled lightly to myself. "I'm doing great, myself. Which is surprising..." I trailed off, for the first time since the war, I felt contentment in opening up, rather than desperately trying to keep it all in. This heavy desire to feel vulnerability is what my heart craved. Sure, Draco and I have shared our moments of weakness, but that wasn't longer than a couple of minutes. My heart wanted, no, needed to open up more.

"Your father, Draco, is still sound asleep. Something I've noticed is that he looks rather beautiful while resting. How he looks while he sleeps is the polar opposite of how I used to picture him. The irony, right?"

The plant sat motionless, the only witness to the crumbling of my walls, or so I assumed...

"Harry still refuses to give up his childish ways. He still holds a slight loathing for Draco, despite everything.

"I mean, yeah sure, those two used to be at each other's throats over every little thing! Regardless, I've grown rather exasperated with his immaturity."

Piss, the beautiful daffodil that she is, shined golden under the sun's gaze. Now, a pleasant pastel pallet painted the sky in a rainbow of shades. Golden and sapphire clouds as soft as petals scattered across the visible atmosphere, breaking up the morning sky. Carefully, I sat on the snow cold black countertop while I focus on the serene sight behind the glass pane.

My e/c eyes never left the scene. Oh, how it reminded me of my parents. Our restless night on our lawn or atop our mansion as our eyes curiously gaped at the night sky. Or the hours of sleep we lost when we would huddle under a thousand and one blankets sipping away at Mother's famous hot chocolate to watch the rising sun.