That's not good... (4)

˚ ☁︎ ˚

~Y/n POV~

"How did you get it? Did you break into my vault?" The women shrieked for above. I slowly turn my head, pain shooting across my body as I do so. I look her in my eyes, tears blurring my vision, there, Bellatrix kneeled beside me, her knife digging into my skin, that's already centimeters deep.

Gasping for air, I cried out "I didn't take it. I-I..." I cut myself off with a bloodcurdling scream. She dragged her knife across the surface of my skin, carving letters deeply into my flesh.

"LAIR!" I thrashed and begged for the pain to stop. Despite my best efforts, not a single soul showed sympathy for me. "Did you go into my vault! DID YOU BREAK INTO MY VAULT!" I cried at the demented woman's words, having told her the truth many times, yet, she continues to repeat the same questions.

I didn't reply. I couldn't. She has been torturing me for the past 40 minutes. She slapped me, then giggled like a schoolgirl. "You're not going to answer me? That's fine. You know, I didn't want to do this, seeing as your pureblood and all, but you've left me with no choice..." her voice grew deeper as she spoke, becoming void of all emotions.

"Bella-" a women call out softly.

"NO! 'Cissa this isn't the time!" She raised her wand, its aim directed at me, "Crucio."

.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧

I woke up in a pool of sweat. I look to my left to see, Hermione softly humming to me while smoothing her hand over my back. She realises I'm awake and looks sorrowfully down at me. "Another nightmare?" Her whisper soothed me, letting me know I'm safe. "Don't worry, she's gone, they can't hurt you"

"I can't get it out of my head. It's like I'm living in the past..." my voice cracked as I tried to hold in my tears. To no avail, the waterworks began, I threw myself into 'Mione's embrace, soaking her shirt with salty tears.

After a minute or so, I pulled away. My glossy eyes met hers, "we should leave, McGonagall instructed that we must be there by 8:30, half an hour after breakfast." I nodded and got dressed, wanting to forget about the hellish memory I momentarily relieved.

Hermione and I walked into the hall, I decided to sit on the Slytherin table, I didn't feel like talking to anyone right now.

I pushed the contents of my English breakfast back and forth, before scooping up some baked beans and eating them. Then a familiar girl sat beside me, her friends giving the two of us questioning looks.

"Hey," she began, " you ok?" I didn't answer her, instead, eating more beans. She sighed. "I heard you, you know. I'm sorry you had to go through that, genuinely. I know we never got along before but-" I cut the brunette off.

"Parkinson. Don't do this, we aren't friends. So stop, I appreciate what you are trying to do, but I sat here, alone, because I don't want to talk about it," I turned to look into her brown eyes, "please" she nodded, understanding that I wish to be left alone. She made her way back to her friends, who began asking her about me. I rolled my eyes, before turning back to my breakfast.

The rest of breakfast was filled with me and my thoughts. Not that there was much to think about. All the other years had left by now, and now McGonagall, along with a Ministry lady, stood before us. In the ministry workers' hands, a long piece of parchment. Oh Merlin, save us.

"Before we being I would like to express my deepest condolences. Many of us tried to protest against this new law, we tried out best, and I'm sorry it wasn't enough." She unrolled the parchment as McGonagall stood beside her, glossy-eyed.

"Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley." That was obvious.

"Ron Weasley and... Pansy Parkinson" my jaw dropped, Hermione began to tear up. She has had a crush on Ron since, as long as I can remember, and now that's all gone. Ron looked a bit down too, he also has liked Hermione for the longest time, they've both been too blind to see it.

"Neville Longbottom and Pavarti Patil."

"Dean Thomas..." the ministry lady continued to call out names until there were only a few people left in the Great Hall, and by now all my friends had gone.

"Y/n Edevane and-" the lady's eyes widened, her mouth fell slightly apart. That's not good.

"- Draco Malfoy" THAT'S NOT GOOD. My head shot towards the lady, then spanned towards Draco, who was looking at me. Whispers spread amongst the few that remained.

In the corner of my eye, I could see Blaise wiggle his eyes at Draco. A room key appears in front of me I grab it and make my way towards him. "Let's go" and I walk off.

.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧