Home (2)

˚ ☁︎ ˚

~Y/n POV~

"Been a while," I announced myself to the four sitting in the compartment. Ginny, Harry, Ron, and Hermione snapped their heads in my direction and smiled brightly.

"Y/n!!" They all rejoiced in unison. Ginny and Harry, who were sitting next to each other, shifted slightly to make room for me.

Our group did not waste a second catching up, although there wasn't much to catch up on, given that none of us had done much over the summer. As time passed, our carriage became engulfed in laughter and joy, just like in the old days.

.....

Home sweet home. The five of us stepped off the train, where we met Luna and Neville, we all talked while we walked towards the carriages. Many people were gaping at the sight of us...

We've become much more well-known in the wizarding world than I was before the war. We are regarded as gods by those around us. But to us, we're just a bunch of students who are incredibly grateful to be alive.

The carriage we are all now sitting in pulls forward and begins its journey towards the castle. I look out to the dark Scottish woodland where we once stood, to see a familiar group of Slytherins, though one of them is staring at me...

.....

At long last, we arrive! Hogwarts stood tall, despite all it's been through, it remains unchanged. The walls are as old as time, the roof as grey as days without sun, and the lights burn a bright yellow, beckoning all students into its warmth like moths to a flame. We all stepped inside the confines of the castle walls, and maybe, just maybe, we'll be able to have a normal year this year.

The seven of us wriggle our way through the crowd that poured into the Great Hall. Stars and candles dance above our tired heads, as we long for sleep. We parted ways. I walked over to the Slytherin table. I swiftly slide into my seat, where I'm isolated from the rest of my house, not that it bothered me, even before the war, not a single Slytherin soul bothered with me.

More people begin to pour into the room, and I feel a presence beside me, my suspicions are correct as I feel their arm lean against mine. I look to my right to see a platinum-blond boy sitting next to me. We exchanged glances before turning away. Soon, his gang surrounded him like vultures around the dead carcass.

Pansy, Blaise, and Theodore settled around us. "Ahem" announced someone, but I failed to notice as I was in my own little world, reliving the events that took place the last time I stepped foot in this castle.

"Y/n?" Someone called, I slowly and tiredly turned my head to see, Blaise.

"Hm?"I questioned him almost boredly. They'd only ever talk to me to make fun of me, so I stopped giving a flying fuck about what they thought.

"I wanted to thank you, for saving my life, in the room of require-" Before the boy could finish, I cut in.

"Don't mention it" I flashed him a weak smile, before turning back to the sorting ceremony before me, my head resting in the palm of my hand.

"Rude much" Pansy quietly muttered to their group, causing Theodore to chuckle. That was soon put to an end as Draco hushed them... odd.

The rest of the evening went like clockwork, each house cheered as they gained a new member, and eventually, everyone dug into the glorious feast Hogwarts provided. However, I didn't feel like eating much, so I ate what I could stomach before returning to my little world, in which I regularly lost myself in. Being back here isn't as amazing as I dreamed it would... every turn I take a memory of the war flashes in my mind, starting a chain reaction of the horrors I faced, and everything comes flooding to my mind at once. How does one stop these thoughts?

"Evening to you all" Mcgonagall bellowed out, gaining all our attention. "I'm sorry for interrupting the feast, but I have one quick announcement, could all 7th year and 8th year students remain after the feasts, there is a legal matter that I must go over with each one of you. Thank you"

Without hesitation, I clutched a roasted potato and threw it at Harry. He mutters a quiet "ow" before glaring towards me while rubbing his head. The group of Slytherins stared at me, and then each other, amused but decided not to question it.

I shot Harry a look that said 'What the fuck', he just looked at me and mouthed 'What?'. I roll my eyes, boys never understand eye gestures, I then pointed towards Hermione, who was sitting opposite him. He swiftly grabbed her attention.

~Hermione's POV~

Ron and I were attempting to guess what the 'legal matter' McGonagall needed to speak with us about was.

Then Harry grabbed my attention. "'Mione, Y/n/n wants you." He then proceeded to point behind me. I whipped my head around to see, Y/n, and next to her sat... Malfoy?

She gave me a look that clearly read, "What the fuck" before flicking her eyes towards McGonagall. Over the years, Y/n/n and I have perfected our eye communication skills, now we can read each other like an open book.

I furrowed my eyes and shrugged, hinting towards the Slytherin that I had no idea what the Headmistress was talking about.

She rolled her eyes in response. I giggle at the girl, then my eyes trailed towards the blond sitting beside her. It was now my turn to shoot her a 'what the fuck' look, then flicked my eyes towards Malfoy. She then rolled her eyes once more in annoyance, before shrugging herself.

"Is Y/n sat with Malfoy?" Ron snickered at the girl, who seemed to now be glaring at him.

"Yeah, what is that about?" Harry questioned, now all of us: myself, Ron, Harry, Ginny, and Neville, were staring intensely at Y/n and Malfoy. We all shared one common thought; why are they sitting together?

~Y/n POV~

I look up from my still-full plate to be met with the stares of five Gryffindors. I rolled my eyes at them, and grinned, knowing exactly what they were thinking. If I'm going to be honest, I'm wondering the same as them... why is Draco sitting next to me?

Speaking of the devil, he nudged gently me in the arm. "Why are all your Gryffindork friends looking at me?" He huffed in annoyance.

"They are wondering why are you sitting next to me" I answered nonchalantly, my gaze not leaving the group in front of me.

"Well this is my table, I can sit where I want" he spat, glaring intensely at the group, who were now glaring at him.

I let out a light giggle, "You never change" I leaned back so my back rested against the wall. Draco followed suit. We turned to face each other.

"What happened to you hating me? I preferred you acting like a bitch than this" he smirked down at me, and I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks" I spat sarcastically. "And I never hated you... I loathed how you acted, the fact you insulted and tormented my friends for years, oh, and almost everything you stand for" I replied, turning to face Draco once more.

Draco rolled his eyes before echoing my words from moments ago, "You never change" He then sat up, and joined in on his friend's conversation.

.𖤣𖥧𖡼.𖤣𖥧