Out in the Open Pt. 2

3rd Person POV

A large fleet of Mantas arrive in Mantle, one lands near the crowd of citizens that Nora, Weiss, Marrow, Slam, Snarl and the Happy Huntresses are defending. The side door opens, and deploys a ramp. Inside are two Atlas Soldiers.

Soldier: Get in! Get in!

Civilians begins boarding the Manta in single file while Slam and Snarl fend off some more Grimm and Nora guards the ramp. There is a loud bang, and a bright green streak flies across the sky.

Three Mantas lands at the Town Square near Slag and Sludge, who are guarding a very large group of civilians. The doors open and the ramps deploy.

Sludge: Please, get on! Hurry!

Slag stops several Ursai from getting close while Sludge manages to keep the flying Grimm at bay.

Another Manta lands in an intersection near Blake, Yang and Elm. Blake runs into the Manta, while Yang beckons the nearby citizens toward the ramp. Rumbling is then heard and the Grimm sirens start blaring. Three Megoliaths turn the corner and head toward the Manta, worrying Yang and Blake. Elm stands between the Megoliaths and the Manta, holding her hammer.

Elm: I've got this!

She roots herself with her Semblance and transforms her hammer into a rocket launcher. With a smirk, she takes aim and fires a pair of rockets, her Semblance keeping her stable. The rockets kill the Megoliaths, and the citizens aboard the Manta cheer. Elm turns and looks at them, appearing somewhat surprised. She then smiles and gives an "OK" sign with her hand. There is a loud bang, and the bright green streak from earlier soars across the sky.

Ruby and Harriet are standing with some civilians, and Ruby is using her communicator.

Ruby: Alright, we just need to get everyone to the nearest airpad.

Harriet: The closest LZ is....

Harriet points down the street. Suddenly, the ground begins shaking with a loud thumping noise. A man-hole cover clatters with each thump. In the direction Harriet pointed, a car is flung across the intersection. Harriet gestures towards the intersection.

Harriet: There.

An Alpha Megoliath walks out from around the corner and turns to face our heroes. It utters a roar before charging down the street. However, the green streak from earlier flies behind it, and then a large green laser swoops across the street in front of it, striking it's tusk. This causes it to tilt it's head and stop it's charge. The civilians around Ruby and Harriet run away, screaming, and Penny flies down and stand next to Ruby. Harriet and Penny nod to each other and then hurry forward to fight the Alpha Megoliath.

Ruby closes her eyes and concentrates, partially blocking out the sounds around her. However, the Alpha Megoliath's roar breaks her concentration, and she opens her eyes wide, looking at the fight in front of her. Penny is shooting at it with her weapons in gun mode, while Harriet speeds around it. Ruby glances down where she used to hold the Relic of Knowledge on her belt, she then uses her Semblance to get onto a nearby rooftop, where she fruitlessly fires her sniper rifle at the Alpha Megoliath.

The Alpha Megoliath is suddenly hit with very powerful red blaster lasers.

Harriet: What was that?!

Ruby looks up and sees Grimlock riding a dying Giant Nevermore.

Ruby: *hard laugh* Show off!

Grimlock hops off and lets the Nevermore corpse crash into the Alpha Megoliath, forcing it to stumble and crash into a building. Grimlock rolls as he lands, rises to his feet quickly and shoots two Saybers. He then stands at his full height and front kicks a Teryx, then turns to his left and fires his blaster at three Beowolves and kills them. He then looks right and grabs an Ursa by the head and shoots it in the chest, he then hurls it behind him to use as a shield and rolls before shooting at a Megoliath, making it stop and stumble in place. Grimlock then hops over the massive Grimm while grabbing it's head with his free hand and forcing it's head into a inescapable chokehold while shooting at three more Teryxes, he then flips the Megoliath in his arm and breaks it's neck as Grimlock flips it's body over his shoulder. All the while, Ruby has the biggest grin on her face. Until, the Alpha Megoliath hits Grimlock in the chest, only managing to force Grimlock to skid back several meters till he's just in front of Ruby and the others. Grimlock growls as the Alpha Megoliath charges, strangely though, Grimlock only holsters his blaster to his back, but Ruby knew what was coming.