Camping Out

3rd Person POV

     Team RWBY are searching through ruins with Profe- I mean Dr. Oobleck, while the Dino kids have fun destroying Grimm. Oobleck then starts asking each team member why they wanted to become Huntresses.

Oobleck: Tell me, Yang. Why did you choose the path of a Huntress?

Yang: I'm a thrill seeker. I want to get wrapped up in as many crazy adventures as possible.

     Oobleck simply nods and moves on to the rest of the team. As he comes to Ruby checking on the kids, who are now getting just a bit tired, Ruby notices and asks.

Ruby: So, are we ready to keep moving?

Oobleck: No, I think this will do for today. *tosses backback to Yang* Will you three find a place to sleep for tonight? Oh, and make there are none of those, creatures. Your leader and I are going to check the perimeter, come Ruby.

Ruby: Ok, kids. We're done fighting for today. Go with your mom's and take a breather.

     The dino-kids transform back into their human forms and each give their mother's hugs and while Grimlock followed Ruby, the others went with the rest of yeam RWBY to help make camp. Ruby, Grimlock and Oobleck walk through the ruined streets until they come to a clearing that overlooks the forest beyond the city and see a large group of elephant looking Grimm.

Ruby: *fascinated* Whoa! What is that? That looks awesome.

Oobleck: That, my dear, is a Grimm.

Ruby: *pulls out sniper rifle* Let's kill it.

Grimlock: Now your talking!

Oobleck: I'm afraid your attacks will do nothing more than agitate a Grimm of that size.

Ruby: But, what if it attacks us?

Oobleck: Fret not students, those Goliath's are not interested in us. Ruby, not every Grimm is mindless. Or rather, not every Grimm is still mindless.

       Grimlock was look only half listening as Oobleck explained the Grimm they were all watching. Oobleck then turned around and started walking away, Ruby then put her hand on Grimlock's shoulder and he looks up at her.

Ruby: Come on, we don't want to be out here after dark and you must be hungry after all that fighting.

Grimlock: *small sigh* Grimlock sorry for not listening. Just tired of being cooped up in school all the time, it's boring.

Ruby: I know, and I know you are more than strong enough to look after yourself, but I'm still going to worry about you. I love you, kiddo.

     Grimlock looks at his mother and smiles, Ruby then had a question for the good doctor.

Ruby: Dr. Oobleck, I was wondering...

Oobleck: Wondering why I've been interrogating your teammates all day?

Ruby: Actually, why did you want to become a Huntsman?

Oobleck: Look around and tell me what you see.

Ruby: Lots of old buildings. Empty streets...

Oobleck: I see lives that could've been saved. As a Huntsman it is my job to protect the people, and although I am capable of doing it with traditional weaponry, I believe I can make a much larger impact if I can do it with my mind. I see these ruins and see lives that could've been saved, but I also want to learn from this devastation and ensure this never happens again. I am a Huntsman, Ruby, because there is nothing else I would rather be.