Out in the Open

3rd Person POV

The camera first shows the sky with the echos of Grimm and gunfire, a Teryx Grimm then flies by and the camera follows it to the ground just outside the wall, where Swoop shoots it down. The camera continues to go past the defending Dinobots and into the streets of Mantle where citizens are panicking through the streets while Beowolves and Saybers chase them down. Meanwhile, more Teryxes and Giant Nevermores fly around above them.

On one street, two Atlas soldiers fire at a pack of Beowolves. One Beowolf tackles one of the soldiers, the second one shoots the Grimm dead, but the first one doesn't get up. Five Mantas fly overhead, one of them is taken down by a Teryx. Three Saybers round a corner and attempt to go down the street only to be destroyed by a missile. A group of civilians run down the same street, passing by the hole in the outer wall. A group of Megoliaths have smashed another hole in the outer wall and are starting to pour in, almost trampling the civilians.

Elsewhere in Mantle, more Saybers are running around, some of which are slain by the Happy Huntresses. Nearby, another Sayber hops atop a car and watches the Happy Huntresses chase more down an alley, it then races down the street and rounds a ruined car and corners a Faunus mother and child.

Nora: Here, kitty kitty!

Nora is seen on top of the building and hops down slamming her hammer onto the Sayber and slaying it. Weiss the directs the Faunus woman on where to run, while Marrow stands with his gun at the ready. Another large group of Saybers approaches from down the street. Nora sighs and, along with Weiss and Marrow, get ready to continue fighting.

Meanwhile, Blake has gotten the attention of, and is being chased by, a Megoliath and three Ursai. Two of the Ursai run to either side of the Megoliath, while the third runs behind the Megoliath's hind leg. The third Ursai shoves past the second and goes to tackle Blake, but she draws her katana and uses it and her semblance to create a fire clone. The Ursa tackles it resulting in a explosion, killing it. The second Ursa goes to tackle Blake, this time she uses a lightning clone and moves to the other side of the street. As the final Ursa goes to tackle her, Blake makes a ice clone, turns around in midair and fires her gun at the Ursa's head. The Ursa smashes into the ice clone and is then trampled by the Megoliath.

Blake continues running and rounds a corner, but because of it's momentum, the Megoliath is only able to make a wide turn, causing it to smash into a building before continuing to follow Blake. Just as it swings it's trunk, she uses her semblance to dodge, and it runs straight into Elm, who uses her own Semblance to root herself in place. Once the Megoliath reaches her, Elm grabs a hold of it's face, stopping it in it's tracks, which creates a shockwave the shatters all the windows in the area. She then uses it's momentum to lift the Megoliath in the air and proceeds.

Down the adjacent street, Yang runs toward the Megoliath and then fires her weapon behind her to propel herself forward. As she slides on her knees underneath the Megoliath, she plants a series of bombs on it.

Yang: Now!

Elm manages to hurl the Megoliatg into the air, and Yang detonates the bombs, killing it. The three take a moment to catch their breath, and Blake turns to some civilians who are hiding behind a trampled car.

Blake: Head to the nearest shelter!

The civilians run away.

Yang: Those shelters are gonna fill up soon.

Elm: They're all we've got for now. We just have to hold off the Grimm.

As Elm speaks, a group of Saybers begin running toward them from diwn the street. Blake and Yang look at each other, concerned.