Twelve

"Why were you stalking me?" You demand, while your son stood in front of you with an emotionless expression.

"I needed to know more about you" he replies without removing his eyes away from you.

"You could have asked me, stalking me is not ok" you exclaim angrily.

"You wouldn't have told me everything, would you have?" you raise an eyebrow at him.

"I'm sorry, but I'm the parent here, there are things that I can't tell you, because I don't want you to feel stressed" Monroe shrugs.

"I have always been under pressure, there is nothing new" Monroe takes the notebook from you.

"What you did is wrong, the information written about me in this notebook is creepy, you even wrote the hour, minute and second I did those things"

The teen boy walks over to his window, before throwing the notebook out of it and turning back to you.

"There, problem solved, you don't need to worry anymore, mother dearest" Monroe mocks you.

You feel like the Monroe standing in front of you is different from the one you were spending time with.

That child is sinister.

And you don't want to have another version of your father.

"I'm taking you to a therapist"

The dark-haired boy's expression doesn't change.

"You went to a therapist and he has done nothing to help you" he announces openly before walking over to his desk and sitting down.

"I'm not giving you a choice, you will go"

The doorbell echoed through the house, causing you to sigh.

"Are you expecting anyone?" Monroe inquires, as he opens his laptop.

"Yes, I think you already know that, stalker"

You answer angrily before leaving the room.

Monroe smiles to himself, as he opens a file filled with everything about you.

He always keeps a copy with him.

𑁍❁𑁍❁𑁍

"Did you wish to speak with me about something, Owen?"

Owen stares at you as you host him with a cup of juice and cookies.

"Yes, considering that you are now not in a relationship, I have something important to tell you-" you cut him off.

"That you are in love with me? Yeah, I know"

Owen's eyes widen, surprised at the revelation of you knowing his feelings towards you.

"Why didn't you say anything?" you chuckle at him, shaking your head in disbelief.

"Because I was married, and I also liked you as a friend" you explain.

"Liked?"

You place a hand on your cheek and smile at him.

"I don't mind going on a date with you now if you want"

Owen's eyes brighten in happiness, but it doesn't last, as your son walks into the living room.

"She's not going out on a date with you"

Owen narrows his eyes at your son, as Monroe stands near the sofa with his arms crossed.

"This is a conversation between two adults" Owen spats.

"If she goes out on a date with you" Monroe uncrosses his arms and smiles falsely.

"I'm going to skin you alive" you chuckle nervously.

"Don't pay attention to him, he's just joking" you assure Owen.

Monroe rolls his eyes at you.

"I don't tell jokes, mom"