Ten

"Calm down, mom"

"I'm calm, I'm a sanefully calm"

Monroe stares at you in disbelief,  not believing your words, knowing very well that you are a nervous wreck.

"It's good to have grandfather back in our life, at least he knows how to run his companies"

You let out a deep sigh, realizing how right your son is.

The fact that this month has been hard on you, your soon-to-be ex-husband is behind bars, and leading your father's companies kept you up at night.

Even though you know that Elliot coming home is a good idea, yet, you are afraid.

What if he kills your son...you are not even sure that he is sane enough to be around you or your son.

You get pulled out of your thoughts when you see the familiar figure of Elliot exiting the gates.

Your father smiles genuinely upon seeing you and his grandson, before slowly heading in your direction.

Elliot doesn't waste a moment in pulling you into his arms.

You hug him back tightly, missing his warm embrace.

This hug made you realize how much you were truly missing your father.

"I'm so happy that you are here," Elliot says, pulling back.

"Me too" you whisper with a small smile.

Monroe stares at the both of you, rolling his eyes at the scene.

"Sorry to interrupt this cliche family reunion, but we have to get home before it starts raining"

Monroe points up to the sky, as small drops of water start to fall.

𑁍❁𑁍❁𑁍

"What do you mean by we are not going to live here anymore?"

You rush after your father into the kitchen as he spills some wine into his glass.

"You heard me, this apartment is too small for all three of us, Xavier is a cheap bastard" Elliot explains.

"Too small for you, It's very luxurious, dad!" you exclaim.

"We will move into a new house, and this is final" you frown at him.

"How can you even live in such a poor state? Ugh, gross" Elliot mocks.

Monroe enters the kitchen dressed in nothing but his pajamas.

"What is all this yelling about, I'm trying to sleep"

Your son whines, taking a seat beside Elliot on the stool.

Elliot examines Manroe, noticing small details about his grandson.

"Who bought you those pajamas, and gave you this haircut?" The CEO inquires.

"Mom" Monroe replies proudly.

Elliot looks at you with a smirk.

"Your sense of fashion is still poor, a lot of things need to change."

Monroe clutches his jaw, narrowing his eyes at Elliot.

He already hates the man's controlling nature.

Maybe it is that they are both very alike in a unique way.