Nine

"What is he doing here?" Monroe demands, glaring at Carlisle.

"Don't be rude, he is giving us a ride home, be thankful" you scold your son who only raises an eyebrow.

"Why should I be thankful? You already have a car, why don't you drive us home?"

Well, he has a point, however, you couldn't reject Carlisle's offer, as to not seem rude.

However, the efforts of not being rude went out the window thanks to Monroe's bitter behavior.

"Stop whining and get in the car" Carlisle orders, smirking at the dark-haired boy.

Monroe pulls out his phone and starts searching for something.

"What are you doing?" You ask.

"Calling Uber to come to pick us up" he replies simply, making Carlisle scoff.

You grab the phone out of Monroe's hand before he could call anyone, causing him to frown.

"You are getting into this car right now, understood?" You order strictly.

Monroe is displeased but obeys it anyway, yet, he takes your place in the passenger seat.

After all, he doesn't want you to sit beside Carlisle.

"I'm sorry for his rude behavior, I don't get why he is like that" you apologize.

"He's is just a teenager, just like we were" Carlisle assures you.

"Speak about yourself, Carlisle"

❀𑁍❀𑁍❀

The moment you reach home Carlisle leaves after assuring that you and Monroe are good, you check the security cameras.

"What in the..."

You check for any records of the stabbing accident only to find nothing.

Nothing at all.

This made you realize that someone turned off the cameras before the accident happened.

And there are two culprits here, maybe it is your husband to hide the fact that he stabbed your son.

Or maybe it is Monroe to hide that he was stabbed by accident.

Rather way looks like Xavier might rot in jail for the lack of evidence to prove him innocent.

Feeling like someone is watching you, you turn around to see Monroe standing at the door with crossed arms.

You quickly shut the laptop in fear, and not have him see anything.

The fact that you are afraid of your son's reaction is truly strange.

"You scared me" you exclaim while staring at yourself with an emotionless look.

"I'm hungry, mom"

𑁍❁𑁍❁𑁍

Owen looks at pictures taken by his men earlier, only to frown in displeasure.

He tries to control his anger and not throw the phone across.

Your husband has gone to jail and you already are moving on.

And not only that but the man you fall for is the same one who bullied him and you.

Carlisle.

He has managed your father's case very well, and that's what he gets?

No, Owen won't back down until he makes you his wife.