Eight

"Why did you lie?" you demand, glaring at your son who smiles at you innocently.

You are not on good terms with your husband, but that doesn't mean you will accept that he gets accused falsely of abuse and murder.

"I didn't lie, I just told them what happened with me, he stabbed me, mom" Monroe defends himself.

"Well, then the cameras in the house will see if that is true or not" you assert.

"We will see about that," the dark-haired boy says as if nothing has happened.

The way he just spoke reminds you of your father, he acts like him.

Something which worries you to the core.

But what if the cameras show that what he told you is the truth and Xavier stabbed him on purpose.

"I'm going to contact your father's lawyer" you announce, looking down at your phone.

"I pray that he rots in jail for eternity" you stop at his words.

"He is your father, he loves you" the teen boy shrugs and looks away from you.

"No, he doesn't love me nor do I love him, I only love you, mom"

Monroe starts to conflict you with his words, which made you let out a deep sigh.

"Monroe...why do you hate your father?"

Your son stares at you for a few moments, before answering with the same smile on his face

"I don't have to tell you anything, all you need to know is what I'm doing is correct"

Monroe rudely picks up his phone from his pocket and scrolls through it.

His attitude reminds you of your father, which displeases you.

Before you could stand up and leave, his voice stops you.

"If I were you, I would start filing for a divorce, mom"

𖦹❁❁𖦹❁❁𖦹

"I'm getting a divorce" you announce.

Elliot stares at you with an emotionless look on his face, indicating that he is not surprised.

"So, now you can visit me more than one time in the month, huh?" He asks with a satirical tone.

"Unfortunately, I can't visit you the next month, as I used it up" you explain slowly.

The light-haired man chuckles at your words.

"Are you going to say it?" you raise an eyebrow at your father.

"Say what?"

"That I was right about your husband being a bastard" he points out.

You roll your eyes at him, but let out a sigh.

"I was only using him to keep on the company going, I don't know what to do anymore" Elliot leans forward.

"I assume the lawyer didn't tell you the good news as I told him not to" you frown.

"What good news?"

"I'm getting out of here next month for good behavior, sweetie"

Elliot grabs both of your hands into his own.

"We will live under the same roof once again"