Eleven

"I'm not transferring my son to the same academy I went to when I was his age, I'm not moving back to our old home"

Right now, you are arguing with your father about moving back home as he gets ready to go to work.

"I wasn't asking for your opinion, you will do as an I say or-" you cut him off.

"Or what? Are you going to lock me up?"

Elliot turns his full attention towards you, his gaze sharp and his cold expression sends shivers of fear down your spine.

"I would love to do so, but you are now a grown-up woman" he mocks you with his words.

"However, I could take away your money and car, because those are mine"

You roll your eyes at him, letting out a sigh.

"I could easily find a job" Elliot chuckles.

"And I could easily make that hard for you by not allowing any company to hire you"

You want to choke your father so bad for his behavior, but realize how right he is.

Even though he spent years away from business, he has strong ties with many important people.

How did you think he got sent to an asylum instead of getting a death sentence?

Exactly.

"Doesn't Monroe have school right now"

"He left hours ago, he will return back early today" you reply, causing Elliot to shrug.

"Better check his room now to see if he is hiding anything" you frown.

"Why would I do that?"

Elliot heads to the door but replies to your question.

"Because you should know everything about him"

𑁍❀𑁍❀𑁍

You search all of your son's room and find nothing, his laptop's password is weird.

It's your birthday.

But, you find it cute that he loves you enough to place your birthday date as his laptop's password.

You honestly don't know why you would doubt your son in the first place.

Monroe is just a teenage boy.

Your phone starts ringing.

When you see who is calling you, a smile appears on your face, and without hastening, you answer.

"Hey, Owen" you greet him.

"Are you home alone?"

"Yes-" he doesn't let you finish.

"Good, I'm coming"

With that, the call ends.

You don't pay much mind to it, as your eyes catch sight of something strange, laying on the floor near the closet.

When you walk close to it and pick it up.

You realize that it is a small notebook.

Its position says that it has fallen out of your son's pocket.

You pick it up and start reading, which was a huge mistake.

As it has many private things written inside it.

Information about you, every location you went to.

Even the hour, minute, and second that you were at that location was written.

How did Monroe get his hands on it, to begin with?

While examining the notebook, you don't notice someone entering the room until it was too late.

"What are you doing with my stuff, mom?"

You stand up and look at him angrily.

"Are you stalking me, Monroe?" you demand

He looks at his notebook, then back at you.

"Yes, I have"