Two

The atmosphere feels suffocating, as you have dinner with your son and husband.

Monroe doesn't like his father for some reason, while Xavier doesn't pay it any mind.

"Would you like some more chicken, honey?" you ask, causing the dark-haired boy's attention to shift towards you within a second.

"Yes, please" Monroe replies in a polite tone and a big smile.

Before you could place chicken on his plate, your husband stops you.

"Doesn't he have two hands, if he wants more chicken then he can do it himself" Xavier says, before taking another bite of his food?

You give a glare towards your husband, yet still, place the chicken on your son's plate.

"Thank you, mom" Xavier rolls his eyes.

"So, what type of sports do you play?" The dark-haired man asks.

"I don't play sport, I prefer reading and writing" your eyes lighten up at Monroe's reply.

"Really? I also love reading, what type of genres do you like?"

Xavier clutches his knife and fork tightly, starting to get annoyed at his son.

"Horror, thriller, and mystery." His reply interested you.

"Then you would enjoy reading your mom's books, she also enjoys reading creepy stuff"

Monroe grins and looks at his father with a tint of heinousness in his eyes.

"Did you know that reading horror helps in activating a person's imagination about killing someone they hate"

You almost choke on your food, as your eyes widen.

"Hey, that's not true, who told you that," you ask.

"Well, horror stories increased my hatred towards my enemies"

The way Monroe was speaking didn't creep his father out, it caught Xavier's attention.

You, on the other hand, started to feel uncomfortable.

"And who do you hate so much that you want to kill?" Xavier inquiries with a smirk.

"The orhange owner, she used to abuse me daily" Monroe's reply made you sad and furious.

But Xavier raced you in expressing his feelings towards this matter vocally.

"Who is this woman? what is her name? I will assure you that she will be facing jail for the rest of her life" Monroe shrugs

"No need to, she died of a heart attack last year"

"Hope she is burning in the depth of hell" you mumble.

"Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it, sweetheart?"

You drop the fork and knife and turn your gaze towards your husband.

"What are you trying to say?" Xavier was hesitant at first before he speaks.

"I'm just trying to compare your overprotective nature to Elliot...I was just trying to joke around"

"Who is Elliot?" Monroe cuts in.

"No one, let's just continue eating"

                      ❀𑁍᪥𑁍᪥❀

Monroe stares at his laptop screen, not blinking, only staring with interest at the huge title of the article.

Elliot Diedrich was admitted to the asylum after being found guilty of murdering twenty-one people.

"So, that's my grandfather, how interesting"