Chapter 12 ~ Trust Issues & Old Friend

My first thoughts were that it was just a fan asking for a photo or a girl that must have assumed he was alone. Lando got up and took a photo with the girl and then the girl kissed him, right on the lips. My jaw dropped to the floor. Thoughts were running through my mind, asking myself I was good enough for him. Maybe Charles was right all along. I stormed towards the table, grabbed my purse and walked away without saying a word. Lando pushed the girl away from him, which caused her to fall on the floor. I was so mad at Lando and at myself for trusting him. I couldn't hold my tears back and ran out of the restaurant, into the dark forest. There were some lights, but it was still very dark. After walking for a while, I saw a bench and sat down. Soon after it started to rain. It was dark and cold, as I had no jacket with me. I started to question myself. 'Was I a horrible person, what have I done to deserve this?' My thoughts were killing me. I sat on the bench for like 20 minutes and then decided to call Max to pick me up.

"Hey Lis, what's up, is Lando too drunk to drive?" Max said. I was just sobbing.

"Hey hey, what's wrong? Where is Lando?" He asked, concerned.

"Lando he... I saw another girl kissing him. I really thought he liked me, but I guess I was wrong." My heart felt really heavy.

"Where are you right now?" I could hear angriness in his voice.

"I'm near the restaurant, somewhere on a bench" I answered. 

"I'll come get you, wait for me." I gave a signal that I would wait.

A while later I saw a car pull over and Max got out. I sat there, on the bench, completely soaked from the rain. He put a jacket around my shoulder and got me up. At that moment I saw Lando running towards us.

"Lisa, wait up! I was searching all over. Please, let me explain." He shouted.

"Get away from her Lando, she doesn't want to talk to you." I got in the car and saw Lando's sad face. I felt sorry for him, but I was also very mad. Max got in the car as well and drove away. I looked at the mirror and saw Lando watching us drive away. I laid my head on Max's shoulder and felt him caress my hair.

When we arrived at the hotel I saw Charles and Pierre already waiting for me. Of course, they were together tonight, stupid of me, I should have called George. I got out of the car, completely soaked and with make-up all over my face. Charles looked raging mad. I ignored him, gave Max his jacket back and walked past the boys.

" I'm fine, I'll see you tomorrow for the flight." I said with a broken voice. I could hear the boys gossiping about me, but I didn't care.  I went up to my room and took a shower. After the shower I sat down on my bed. Why did he do this to me, how could he? I was so pissed at him and tears started to roll again. I felt really hurt by Lando's actions. I put on some music and laid down on the bed, hoping I would fall asleep and I eventually did.

My alarm went off at 9 a.m. as we would leave for Monaco and I still had to pack my stuff. I got up and sat and sat on the edge of the bed. I took a deep breath and got up to pack my things. I tried not to think about Lando, but when I opened my phone it began hard, as my background was a picture of us at the beach. So I changed it and continued gathering my clothes. Arthur picked me up from my room and we went to a nice café to have some breakfast. At 12 a.m. we left for the airport. We went through security and waited at the gate to board our plane. Later this week we both will be flying to Italy, not for a race, but to attend a meeting we'll be having with Ferrari and Prema. About 5 hours later we arrived home after our flight and the drive back. We ordered take away and watched movies for the rest of the night.

I woke up at 11 a.m and decided to walk to my favorite café near our house. I put on some cute clothes and went outside. It was a sunny day, so it was the perfect time to go out. As I walked down the street, towards the café, two men walked past me and one of them grabbed my purse and they ran off. I started rushing after them, but soon someone knocked down the men with my purse. As I grabbed my purse, the man on the ground punched him in the face and ran away.

* "Tu vas bien, monsieur?"  I asked out of concern, but when I saw his face I was shocked.

* "Oui, je vais bien." He said.

"Léo?" He looked up to see my face. "Lisa? Je ne t'ai pas vu depuis des lustres."

* "Merci pour votre aide" I said while helping him stand.

We went to the café I was heading to, to ask for some ice and so I could thank him. Léo was my old high school friend, but then he moved to France and we lost contact, as I got higher in the formula world. When we arrived at the café, I asked for an ice pack and we sat down at a table. We ordered a coffee and some typical French pastries. We had a nice chat and talked about how our lives were now. He also asked about how I was doing after my accident. I told him that I had almost recovered from my crash and that my brace could almost go away.  We stayed for probably an hour and a half, 'til I got a call from Arthur.

"What's up Art?" I asked.

'What's up? Where on earth are you? You've been gone for like two hours for some coffee at a café that is 300 meters away from our home, that's what's up.' Arthur was clearly not happy.

"Sorry about that, I met an old school friend on my way here and we started talking. I'll be home in 15 minutes." I answered.

'Oh right Lisa, Charl....' I already hung up the phone and continued our conversation. Léo was actually my first crush, but when he moved away, I started dating another boy. A few minutes later Charles and Max walked in.

"Lisa, we knew you would be here" Max said. I turned around to see Max and Charles standing at the entrance of the café.

"Ma-  Max.... Charles? What are you guys doing here, shouldn't you two be in Italy?" I said in shock. I could see Charles' annoyed face, Max probably dragged him here. I remembered that they would leave Wednesday to Italy and not yesterday, which was Monday.

"We came to get our stuff and Arthur told us that you went here, so WE decided to take a look. Based on how you look, you look fine to me." Max said.

"I told you I'm fine, but whatever, what's the plan now?" I asked.

"We know you Lisa, but we thought about a nice boat trip and some jet skis, Charlotte will come too and Kelly also." Charles still hadn't said a word, but it was fine, I know he would turn around.

I looked at a shocked face from Léo, he probably didn't know I was good friends with Max and he hasn't seen them in real life before. I gave him my phone number, paid for our coffee and thanked him again.

The three of us walked out and got back to our house, to change clothes. When we walked in, Arthur glared angry at me and I just ignored him.

When I got to my room, I saw a big picture of me and Lando together, hanging on the wall. All the memories of him started going around my head. I actually missed him a lot, but what he did was wrong and unforgivable. I got my swimsuit out of my closet, together with a dress and put them on. As I was walking down the stairs, I could hear Lando's voice.

"Is Lando here?" I immediately asked. I could see all the heads going up looking towards me. "I heard him just now, I swear, didn't you guys hear it?".

* "Are you okay, sir?"
* "Yeah, I'm fine"   /    "Lisa? I haven't seen you in ages."
* "Thanks for helping me out"