Chapter 10 ~ Racing & Unexpected

I was sitting in the car, kind of nervous. I was starting from P5, Arthur on P3 and Dennis on P2. The lights went out and away we were. I had a great start and got in fourth place, Arthur and Dennis ahead of me. I was feeling great in the car and had a lot more speed than Arthur. In just 3 laps I overtook him. Now I was hunting Dennis, he was only 2.3 seconds away. My tyres held up well, but those from Dennis started to wear out. On the 14th lap of the 40, he already made a pitstop to hard. I was now in second place and Arthur third. I had my pitstop in the 23th lap of the race and went to the mediums. I stayed second for the rest of the rest, as I was not able to overtake the one driving in front of the field. I was feeling really happy when I heard my engineer saying I finished second.

After the podium ceremony I had to give a lot of interviews, but when I was finally done and in my drivers I saw that I got a message from Lando.

Lando
Well done cutie, you were amazing out there

Lisa
Thanks Lando, I'm really happy I ended second. The race was nice and the car was feeling great. Good luck with your race, crush all the other out there

Lando
I sure will. Do you want to go out for dinner tonight if you're free

Lisa
Yeah sure, I 'dlove to. Pick me up at 6?

Lando
I'll be there, see you after the race

The race started pretty early so we had some time to go out. I gave some interviews about the race and I went back to my driver's room to change and freshen myself up a bit. I walked to Arthur his driver's room, where he and Dennis were looking at the TV screen. I sat down next to the boys as the formation lap had just begun. It was Max on pole, Charles on third and Lando fourth. I was really happy that Lando finally had a chance to get on the podium. Max had a really good start and was after a few laps far ahead of all the other drivers. Charles overtook Checo Perez, who was in second place. Lando also came very close to Perez, but could not overtake him. Close to the end of the race, there was a yellow flag and a safety car was released soon after. Pierre got pushed and got a puncture. Luckily no crash. After the restart, Lando was really close to Perez and overtook as soon as the DRS was enabled. I was really happy for him and kept smiling at the screen. Arthur and Dennis looked at me. "What is going on in your head?" "Lando?" Arthur asked. "I'm just happy that Max won, Charles came second and Lando came in third place." They both looked at me. "What? Can't I be happy for my friends and brother?" Dennis went to go see a Red Bull manager to have a chat with. "Are you doing something tonight?"

"I'm going out for dinner." I said with a big smile. "With Lando?" Arthur looked curious at me. "Yeah so what, we're just friends." "Of course, just friends, you're going on a date. Charles won't be happy about it." "I know, but whatever, he can't tell me who to love and who not to." "See, you do love him." "Don't tell Charles, you're the first person to find out." "I won't, I promise.

We both got up and went over to the boys. Lando got out of his car and squeezed himself through the big crowd. He ran over to me and gave me a big hug. He lifted me in the air and spun around, which was a bit embarrassing. Everyone was looking at us, including other drivers and Charles. I heard a million clicks for reporters and photographers. I look over to Lando, with a panicking face. He gazed around and saw all the people whispering. He put me down to the ground. I saw Arthur staring at us with a mouth wide open. I wanted the ground to swallow me.

"I'm so sorry, I forgot, I was just so happy." I was glad I could share his happiness, but I was certainly not happy about it. I pushed myself out of his arms and quickly ran away into my driver's room and locked the door. My knees were giving out and I collapsed down to the ground. I sat there for what felt like hours. I got trouble breathing and started shaking heavily, I looked at my hands. I couldn't think clearly anymore, I was completely dragged into my panic attack. My thoughts were racing through my head all too quickly, my chest started to contract. Someone knocked onto the door, It was Lando.

"Lisa, please open the door, I want to talk. I'm sorry, I was just being impulsive. " I was screaming, screeching and crying. I couldn't control my body anymore. There was pain everywhere, in my head and chest. "Lisa? What's going on, open the door" He shouted. All I could say was; 'get Charles...'

~Lando ~

I walked up to Lisa's driver's room, when I knew I made a big mistake. Lisa was so scared of telling others about our relationship. I knocked on the door, but there was no response. "Lisa, please open the door, I want to talk. I'm sorry, I was just being impulsive. " I heard some weird noises. I didn't know what was going on, but I had to think quickly, what if she was doing something to herself. I could never forgive myself for that. "Lisa? What's going on, open the door" I shouted. I heard a broken voice saying; 'get Charles...' I immediately knew something was wrong.

I ran as fast as I could trying to find Charles, who was probably really mad at me. I ran to the Ferrari garage, where I luckily saw him talking to Mattia Binotto, the Ferrari team principal. "Charles..." I said, trying to get my breath back. I looked completely terrified. "Lando, we'll talk later."

"No time for that, it's Lisa, she is...." I had no idea what to tell him, as I didn't know what was happening. "She locked herself in her driver's room and she made a screaming noise." Charles immediately started sprinting to the drivers room. I ran after him in shock.

~ Lisa ~

Someone banged hard on the door. "Lisa! What's going on? Open up! I will break it open!" My breathing was completely out of control and my head was spinning. A few seconds later someone slammed the door hard. I was sitting on the ground with my hands in my hair crying, gasping for air.

"Hey, hey, hey. Look at me, look at me. It's okay Lisa, it's okay, just breathe." I looked up at Charles, his soothing voice reassured me a bit, but I was still scared. All those people have seen me and Lando. "Lando, bring some water and get Arthur." Tears came rolling down my cheeks.. "I- I'm sorry..." "Shh, it's okay, just try to take some deep breaths." I followed Charles' instructions and calmed down a bit. Lando gave me the water, he looked absolutely frightened, but walked off to find Arthur.

"You're safe here Lisa, It's all okay." Charles said while he wiped off the tears on my cheek.

A few minutes later Lando returned with Arthur. Arthur sat down next to me, Lando kept watching from a distance.

"Are you feeling better now?" He asked. My eyes were still red from crying and my throat hurt, but I nodded softly. Charles pulled me to his chest and gave me a tight hug. I felt relieved lying in his arms.

"It's okay now, it's all fine." He got me up slowly and we sat down on the couch. We just sat there, in silence for a couple of minutes. I broke the silence.

"I guess I'm fine now, thanks Charles" I gave him a small smile. "I want to go home, but- what about all those people outside." Charles understood. "I'll go get my car as close as possible, I'll call when I'm there."

I couldn't bear looking at Lando, knowing he was hurt too. I was feeling embarrassed. Arthur put his hand on my shoulder, "I think you should talk to him, I'll wait outside. Just call when you need to." He stood up and went outside.

"I- I don't know what to say, I'm speechless." I tapped the couch with my hand to sign that he could sit next to me. He leisurely came to me and sat down. I laid my head on his chest and he put his arms around me. I couldn't be mad at Lando, even though I was still not really sure about the whole situation. "I'm fine, really, it has happened before. None of this is your fault, it's just my past..." I said feeling a bit hurt again. "I'm sorry about the dinner, can we go another time instead?" He had some tears in his eyes, but smiled a little. "Of course we can."

Arthur came in. "Charles is ready." Lando helped me up and walked as fast as we could to the car. Charles opened the door for me. "I'll text you later" I said as I got into the car and Arthur got in too. Charles was looking moody at Lando and then got into the car himself. He drove us to the hotel we were staying in.

I got out of the car feeling a bit nauseous, Charles and Arthur walked me up to my room. I opened the door and when I wanted to go through Charles looked mad at me. I said nothing and carried on walking. Arthur came in with me too. I sat down on the bed and looked over to Charles.

"I'm sorry, can we please talk tomorrow?" He nodded and walked off.

The rest of the night Arthur stayed with me. We sat down on my bed, talking. He tried to cheer me up. He ordered room service and we watched a movie together. After I had fallen asleep, he left.